Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Extended Warranty Choices

We are buying a 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QSP. 32K miles on it. We are looking at extended warranties.
Wholesale Warranties - comprehensive or exclusionary?
Good Sams Extended warranty

Some people we know do not have a warranty, so just some advice needed please. Thanks
FT2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
FT2016,

We just bought our 2011 43QRP with 37K on it was going to get all the warranties, until I examined the cost and coverages. Was over $10K! Decided to waive all, and go without. We had one on the Itasca, and it was a pain. Big profits for the dealers, and you get the hassle of getting pre-approvals, and waiting to see what is covered and what is not.

I've gained skills, and have local folks to do most things. Now, a catestrophic failure, and I might regret my decision, but I'm sure we've picked a good one!
Old 06-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Avoid Wholesale Warranties

We have our Tiffin repairs done in Red Bay, AL at the Tiffin plant where it was born. They have the most cost effective system, they do the repair right the first time, they have the parts if needed, and in several cases, I didn't know what the problem was and gave them the symptom. They fixed the problem. Everything was fixed in a timely fashion with me watching!

The issue we had with Wholesale Warranties was that they wanted everything to be pre-approved. The Tiffin factory does not deal with pre-authorizations, and Wholesale Warranties used that loophole even though the cost was less, the quality of work was superb to any repair facility anywhere.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #4

From what I've read over the years, extended warranties are not worth the money. They have so many caveats written into the policies that you may have a hard time collecting If you've done your homework and bought a good coach in good condition, then the risk is low. If you are the kind of person that nit picks over small stuff and can't repair it yourself, be forewarned. Give your motorhome good maintenance and you shouldn't have any problems.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote