RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2015, 10:33 PM   #1

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Fans in Norcold fridge

I finally took the plunge and put a pair of fans in our Norcold fridge. I DID NOT use the light for a power source...instead I ran the power cable down the drain line.
The rest of the story about the drain line is...it seems that the drain line was sealed off from the factory as I found some water damage to the wood below the fridge...NOT from the ice maker as it is permanently disabled.
I cut off the sealed end and snaked a wire, after a spray of silicone, down the drain line and attached the power wire and pulled it through and attached it to a hot wire in the outside area of the fridge.
Only real problem was the fan switch was bad so I jumpered around it and put in an inline switch...works great.
Just seems really odd that the drain line would be sealed from the factory So far our Norcold fridge seems to be working great...crossed fingers

Paramedic 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 06:46 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Your drain line probably wasn't sealed from the factory. They come with what looks like a plug in the end of the line, but it should of had a small hole in the center of the plug for drainage. This small hole is to prevent spiders and warm air from going back up into the fridge. Sometimes the small pinhole will become plugged and needs to be cleaned out so that the drain will work properly.

Sammie

Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:33 AM   #3

Makes sense to me...thanks.
I may seal it with silicone and then drill a small hole in the silicone plug.
Thanks again
Old 09-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
Commercial Member

The fridge drain line should have a plug similar to this picture. It can be ordered online ar many places.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1443029862.566453.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	107775

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 09-23-2015, 07:02 PM   #5

I doubled checked and the end of the drain line that I cut off has NO drain hole of any type and it is pinched off and appears to have come from the factory that way...I will either silicone plug the end and drill a small hole or I will order a plug...thanks to all....I am a pretty go gear head but I am new to RVing....

Tags
fan, fridge, norcold