Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2014, 12:05 AM   #1

Finally Pulled the Trigger At the Hershey Show

Hello friends!!! After two years of searching and checking most of the entry level DP we just placed an order at the Hershey show last Friday!!!! We decided on the Allegro Red 38 QRA, I test drove the QRA that they had in the lot for test drives and I loved the way it drove, to be honest I wanted to wait until early 2015 to buy the rig but the prices at the show was hard to resist!!!! One questions to Allegro Red owners, in all of the excitement of buying the coach I missed something important, do all of these coaches come with cruise control?? I know the higher end Tiffin's do but I cannot remember where the cruise control on the Red was!! Also I was told that the MH should arrive either right before or right after Thanksgiving can someone tell me more or less how many weeks should I really estimate on my MH arriving at the dealer for pick up!!!!! Now I can't wait until my unit arrives!!!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2014, 03:06 AM   #2

Congrats on your new purchase, we just bought our 2015 Red 38QRA a month ago and we love it and it does have cruise control, it's located on the left side of the steering wheel.
jax1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #3

Thanks for the information on the cruise control, it's nice to know it's there!! One more question on the Red, as for the satellite receiver I was told that the MH comes with one and that if I wanted to see two different shows I would need to purchase one more receiver is this correct! I always thought that all MH did not come with the receivers, can you please also clear this up for me. Again thanks for your help, hope to see you on the road in the near future!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ours came with a receiver for Direct TV, I took it out as we use Dish...
Your dealer should receive a build date soon and they can provide you with the exact date of the build, in fact with the build number you can email Tiffin and they will send you detailed build schedule and if you cannot be there for the build, you can usually ask someone who is at Red Bay to take a few pics for you..
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #5

Congratulations on your new coach. I was at the show and went through every Tiffin that was there. I also took a test drive of the RED. I was also impressed with the solid feel on the road and the quiet cabin when driving. I thought it was a little slow when starting but as soon as the RPM's got into the peak torque range it felt fine.
I really like my present floor plan and will probably trade if Tiffin builds it on the RED.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #6

Thanks for the information of the build date, if possible I will be there to take pictures of the manufacturing of my coach, like I stated before now that it has been ordered I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas!!!! Cannot wait to start all of my family new adventures!!!!! Again thank you for the information.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:46 AM   #7

In case you are not aware, go over to tiffinrvnetwork.com for all things Tiffin. Congrats on the new coach.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to albawsadv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandcanyon View Post
Hello friends!!! After two years of searching and checking most of the entry level DP we just placed an order at the Hershey show last Friday!!!! We decided on the Allegro Red 38 QRA, I test drove the QRA that they had in the lot for test drives and I loved the way it drove, to be honest I wanted to wait until early 2015 to buy the rig but the prices at the show was hard to resist!!!! One questions to Allegro Red owners, in all of the excitement of buying the coach I missed something important, do all of these coaches come with cruise control?? I know the higher end Tiffin's do but I cannot remember where the cruise control on the Red was!! Also I was told that the MH should arrive either right before or right after Thanksgiving can someone tell me more or less how many weeks should I really estimate on my MH arriving at the dealer for pick up!!!!! Now I can't wait until my unit arrives!!!
Congratulations, we too put in our order on Friday at the show. Got a great price and pushed our delivery out to March 2015 only because we've already got our vacations scheduled and didn't want the rig to just "sit". Already started buying "stuff" Excited just like you!!! We are graduating from a tent to MH, skipping all the in-betweens! Happy Travels
albawsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #9

Congratulations (ALBAWSADV) on your purchase too!!! I though also on waiting until March but decided that if we get it delivered before Christmas we will take it down to Orlando FL for Christmas my oldest son works for the mouse!! Again Congratulations and enjoy it when it arrives!!!!
Old 09-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #10
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab449 View Post
Congratulations on your new coach. I was at the show and went through every Tiffin that was there. I also took a test drive of the RED. I was also impressed with the solid feel on the road and the quiet cabin when driving. I thought it was a little slow when starting but as soon as the RPM's got into the peak torque range it felt fine.
I really like my present floor plan and will probably trade if Tiffin builds it on the RED.
At the Redmond FMCA rally I mentioned this exact thing to Mr Bob Tiffin. The 36LA is a great floor plan would be great on a diesel platform.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf View Post
At the Redmond FMCA rally I mentioned this exact thing to Mr Bob Tiffin. The 36LA is a great floor plan would be great on a diesel platform.
What was his reaction? I wanted to ask him that when I saw him at Hershey but there were many people with him and I left.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #12

Congrats! Seems that Friday at the show was a good sales day. We also placed an order with a late spring delivery. I don't know about you but waiting in not one of my strong points!! I wish you the best on your new coach
Old 09-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #13

Congrats to you too Srrobe!! We can close to ordering the Ventana LE 3812 but the bedding situation on the Tiffin was more usable for us then the Ventana, I'm sure you got a good price at RVOne they really were low on the Ventana LE and the only bright side over the Tiffin is that Newmar will make changes at the coach your order where Tiffin does not, I know you will have great aventrures with your new Dutch Start in 2015. Happy Trails!!!!
Old 09-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #14
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab449 View Post
What was his reaction? I wanted to ask him that when I saw him at Hershey but there were many people with him and I left.
He said they hadn't thought about that. They had focused on more slides. I like the two slides on the driver side. I also like the patio area with no slides on the passenger side and the basement access. There is enough width for me with slides on one side and slides on the other side won't add any cabinet or counter space.
He said he would talk to his sons about it and see if there is a market for it. I know there is a market. I just don't know how big it is.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote