Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #1

Finally! We have it home!

We finally brought home our 2014 Allegro 36LA! After waiting for the build schedule, going down to Red Bay and watching part of the build, ( fantastic experience Tiffin gives to us!!) our coach finally arrived at our dealership. We drove the hour and a quarter to trade in our current coach and bring home 'Summerhouse II', only to find a paint issue and a screw in the tire. The screw in the tire I actually noticed and pointed out while we were in Red Bay, I also called Red Bay while it was in final finish to remind them of it. It still somehow managed to arrive in mid-Michigan with a screw in the tire. So after waiting a week for the tire to be replaced and the paint taken care of, we drove it home yesterday. Too bad we can't use it until spring!
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations on your recent purchase! You can either wait until spring to use your new RV or just drive south now!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #3

Welcome to the Tiffin Family.

Always glad to see another Tiffin on the road in Michigan
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #4

Congratulations, I will bring my new motorhome the 11 december and I also have to wait at spring first my first trip.
I think that I'll go inside every week to see it and dream of my first trip.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Its not to warm in the south today - but the good thing we will be looking at above 60 deg. in a day or so. So head south and enjoy your new coach.

jroan
jroan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #6

Wish we could go south right now-high in the mid 20's today! Brrrr!
Hubby runs the basketball clock for the local university. Our season just got under way and we won't be finishing up until March. The day after that final home game.....?
We will be on the highway!!
On a slightly sour note. I asked hubby to start the furnace late this morning so I could start loading all the packed up goodies from the traded-in coach into a warm coach. Furnace wouldn't function. He played with it for quite awhile, talking to the service dept at our dealership a few times. They came to the mutual decision that it indeed does have a malfunction, and they think it's likely a faulty gas regulator. (The stove also is now not operating correctly.) On a quite positive note; the dealership is sending a technician up to our location, 80 miles north, to make the repair. That pleased us to no end! If the regulator doesn't correct the problem, we will take the coach back to their facility to diagnose. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:29 AM   #7
KJB

I’m in the same boat in Wisconsin that you are in Michigan. We picked up our 2014 36LA on November 2nd and its only trip was to the winter storage facility. First use will likely be May. But also had to put away the Harley and my classic Pontiac convertible for the winter. We just switch gears to do our winter fun things. We have the cold but we really need some snow to get things going. Anxious to get out the skis and snowmobiles.
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on your purchase and hope you enjoy all your future adventures.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations. We closed on our new Allegro a couple of weeks ago but, due to weather and lack of available storage, will not bring it home until the beginning of March. Unfortunately the dealer is 2 1/2 hours away from us so we can't stop by and see it regularly. In March we will outfit it and head to Florida for a shake down trip for three weeks. We enjoy all of the posts as it enables us to live vicariously in our MH until we bring it home!!
Old 12-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #10

Congratulations, you will love the floorplan. We had ours out for two weeks so far and really amazed at all the storage and room in this layout. Perfect for the 2 of us. The comparable floor plan from the other manufacturers don't even come close in useable storage compartments or rear bath roominess.
Happy camping next year.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations and you can excersise it with short trips around town! I plan to do that to my MH at least once a month. Need to run the Gen once a month anyway. Enjoy your new coach
Old 12-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #12

I picked up mine the beginning of October at General RV in Wixom, MI. Only one available in Central and Eastern PA and that was a 2013. Used it 4 times before winterizing and can't wait till spring. I moved from a 40' fifth wheel and loaded everything from the trailer in the coach and have lots of space left. Really like the residential refrigerator and the rear bath.
At the local dealer now getting a few warranty items taken care of before camping season starts in March.
Enjoy your new motorhome.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #13

Good news to report! The technician from the dealership came to the house, DW described what was going on with the furnace situation. He thought it definitely sounded like the regulator was faulty. Replaced it; furnace fired up immediately and working great. He also noticed there was a tremendous amount of overspray from the paint repair so made a note of that, and we had him check the shower door that would not stay closed. It was adjusted at delivery because it was rubbing at the bottom. Now the door was bent and wouldn't stay closed. So he ordered a new door and frame. Very, very pleased!

« Inverter | Window »