RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #1

Flexsteel Armrest Falls out

I brought my Allegro to Ford the other day to do an oil change. When I got it back, one of the mechanics must have pushed the right armrest on the driver's side Flexsteel chair all the way back and it came out. I can get it back in but it will not stay in. as soon as I push it up and back, it seems to pass whatever stop is/was there and comes out again. I have to go through the process of pushing it back in and rotating back to the driving position until the next time I push it back up. I looked all over the web and found how to remove the armrest but nothing about how to fix my particular problem. I sent an email to Flexsteel and they have not gotten back to me yet. Any ideas out there?

thilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #2

To remove it you have to place it at around the 12 o'clock position, press in, and turn it a little bit CCW. If it comes off without having to press it in then the mechanism that locks it snapped off or the spring came lose.

al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I know how to take them out and put them back in. I experimented with an arm from the other chair. The spring and the pin are still in place so I'm thinking there must be some sort of stop that is bent or missing inside the chair. The armrest stays in until I go to push it back up in order to leave the seat. As long as I don't go back too far, it stays. But it doesn't take much to push it past the limit where it comes out. I remember seeing something about this elsewhere about having to put a pry bar of some sort into the opening and bending the metal back in place but I can't find it. It had a diagram to help identify what needed to be done. Funny how silly things can make you crazy. I'll post the fix here once I figure it out in case anyone else ever runs into this issue.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #4

That would annoy me too. I have MH OCD.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #5

Why don't you call Flexsteel? I called them a couple of years ago on another matter, and they were extremely helpful and took the time to answer my questions completely. I would not be surprised if they were able to email you a diagram that would help you. Sorry....I no longer have their number, but a Google search should find it quickly. Just MO...

Please let us know how you make out....thanks!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #6

Yup, that's my plan. I already emailed them but they did not reply. Phone call will be next and I will post the results. Thanks, all.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #7

Flex Steels phone number is; 563-556-7734. The mechanical parts of your chair are guaranteed for life. Not the fabric or leather.
sbranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #8

Finally got ahold of FlexSteel and they gave me a printed repair diagram that fixed my problem. If anyone else would like a copy, let me know and I'll be happy to send it off to you.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #9

It would be nice to have a copy of it. Can you uploaded here?
Old 03-04-2014, 04:56 AM   #10

FlexSteel Arm Rest Mechanical Repair

Here is the PDF instructions provided to me by FlexSteel. Turns out they had made a design improvement with the mounting bracket inside the chair. The metal tab that stops the armrest from coming out when rotated all the way back is easily bent if you don't install the arm properly. A little prodding, bending, cursing, and I got it fixed. Thanks to all who responded.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Arm Bracket Repair Instructions-1.pdf (1.07 MB, 190 views)
Old 03-04-2014, 05:46 AM   #11

Thanks for the pdf.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #12

Thanks much for passing this along....glad Flexsteel was able to help.

I printed a copy for my files. Don't have the issue as yet....glad to say. However, I know full well that this may not be the case a year or so from now! This info will be good to have for future reference. Glad you got yours fixed....