Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2017, 09:53 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Flexsteel sofa delamination

Here's one for you. My flexsteel sofa is starting to delaminate in my 2014 Allegro 36LA. Emailed Tiffin Service and they want a picture of the manufacturing label so they can send me a new sofa cover set under warranty. Install new covering at my own expense! I could probably buy a new sofa cheaper than paying someone to recover the L shaped sofa. Any comments?
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I believe you are actually out of warranty, and they are covering it as "good will". Your coach is 3 years old. This has been a recurring problem, so Tiffin is stepping up and taking care of it. I think others have had the labor done at Red Bay (on Tiffin's good will).
Old 06-15-2017, 12:48 PM   #3

We had the same thing on our 2015 36LA on the recliner and dinette. They sent us a complete new dinette for us to install and reimbursed us up to $400 towards the reupholstery of the recliner. All we had to do was send them pictures of the damage and the receipt for what we paid to have it done. We found a place that did the job for $380.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by THutch View Post
I believe you are actually out of warranty, and they are covering it as "good will". Your coach is 3 years old. This has been a recurring problem, so Tiffin is stepping up and taking care of it. I think others have had the labor done at Red Bay (on Tiffin's good will).
I have read on this forum that Tiffin has "stepped up" and replaced furniture on coaches older than mine. This is a first for just sending a new covering as far as I know. Will wait and see how hard it is to replace it myself. I have reupholstered 1969 Mustang seats and head liner. Just looking for advice not warranty issues.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosado View Post
We had the same thing on our 2015 36LA on the recliner and dinette. They sent us a complete new dinette for us to install and reimbursed us up to $400 towards the reupholstery of the recliner. All we had to do was send them pictures of the damage and the receipt for what we paid to have it done. We found a place that did the job for $380.
When did this happen?
Old 06-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #6

Be thankful you don't have a Thor product. Had a 2008 Thor unit that started peeling on both the front captain chairs, coach was 2 months out of warranty. Called Thor they said sorry it's YOUR problem now we don't want to hear about it. Never looked at another Thor product.....
Old 06-16-2017, 05:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
When did this happen?
In November 2016.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:39 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow! D. Rosado that was fast delamination. I bought my 2014 used in 2015 and sofa was fine. We have put 16K on it and now the sofa is delaminating. Sofa was fine until We snowbirded this past winter for 4 months and the constant use did in the sofa.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Be thankful you don't have a Thor product. Had a 2008 Thor unit that started peeling on both the front captain chairs, coach was 2 months out of warranty. Called Thor they said sorry it's YOUR problem now we don't want to hear about it. Never looked at another Thor product.....
Yes that is why we buy the Tiffin product. Their warranty program is fantastic and they will actually double the warranty on the accessory suppliers like the antenna A/C, steps, sofa, etc. I was hoping they would replace the sofa not send a new cover. Oh well, Happy they supplied the covering!
Old 06-16-2017, 07:11 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Flexsteel Upholstery Failure Debacle

We just spent two weeks at the Tiffin Service Center in Red Bay dealing with the "ultra leather" shedding problem. Tiffin replaced the dinette booth, passenger seat, driver seat and then they ordered the Flexsteel pre-sewn covers for our L-shaped couch. This will take another three weeks to get them in, so we will have to return again to get them installed.

We were surprised to see that the driver and passenger seats were from a 2014 Allegro Red and apparently all of these exchanged units are actually reupholstered previously used seats. This is not a problem for us except that the driver and passenger seats being from a Red, when installed into a 36LA are much larger in size and taller! All-in-all though, they are great and offer much more back and butt support.

The problem arises in the passenger seat that wobbles back and forth as you drive down the highway. I am confident that they got the four large fastening nuts tight to the floor. The problem appears to be up inside the mechanism and it has now started squeaking as well. Has anyone had this issue? Are there Flexsteel drawings available or troubleshooting information for dealing with internal adjustments or repair?

DW is not happy about the seat and we are on the road in South Dakota heading for Montana. Her feet do not touch the floor and the seat is adjusted all the way down. She is 5'2" and this was not a problem on the 36LA seat. :(
Old 06-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Old Engine, after reading your post I think I will buy some seat covers from a auto parts store or walmart if our seats start to delaminate bc my dw loves the 36LA seat and foot rest. She is 5'4". Her only problem is keeping one of the dogs away from the little window beside her feet.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The problem arises in the passenger seat that wobbles back and forth as you drive down the highway. I am confident that they got the four large fastening nuts tight to the floor. The problem appears to be up inside the mechanism and it has now started squeaking as well. Has anyone had this issue? Are there Flexsteel drawings available or troubleshooting information for dealing with internal adjustments or repair?

We have the same problem in our coach, interested in a solution.
JOHNMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:55 AM   #13

I have a 2015 Red and the co-pilot and the driver seat are pealing, called Tiffin and they are sending me the covers also, I was hoping for the whole seat but I guess this is better then nothing. My seats are made by Villa. I was told that I should get them in 3 to 4 weeks.

Now I need to find someone that will want to do this work here in Phoenix, I'm sure it will be a hassle like most things!!!!!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 AM   #14

When we had our 2014 Allegro Red built, we had them switch out the driver and passenger seats with the ones from the Phaeton. I wonder if these seats will delaminate over time as well.