RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwarrior7 View Post
I'm a new owner of a 2008 Allegro Bay 35TSB. Drove it home from Texas to Olympia, WA .
Where in Texas? We saw an Allegro FRED in Austin the other day. Was that you?

deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2018, 07:58 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deprived View Post
Where in Texas? We saw an Allegro FRED in Austin the other day. Was that you?
No, we picked up the motorhome outside Fort Worth on July 5th and drove home right away.

Roadwarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:03 PM   #17

Howdy. FRED owner for 2 months here, moved into a 2007 Allegro Open Road with about 73k miles as my full-time home. Overall pleased with my choice of FRED!

I've noticed that some driving maneuvers which upset the MH laterally cause it to roll (tip) left and right, back and forth 3-4 times before it settles down. This happens when (e.g.) entering a road diagonally from a banked driveway, or going over a bump with only one side of the coach.

Is this how tall vehicles normally behave or is it a symptom of bad/old shock absorbers? I'm hoping for an answer of either "that's typical, just drive carefully" or "That's bad and you should buy new shocks".

It still has what I'm guessing are original shocks (completely yellow). After getting an alignment done and new tires, I've driven about 1000 miles including high winds and mountain roads. It's done great overall and I'm not aware of any other suspension problems.
grilledcheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:28 PM   #18

I'd put new shocks on. The KONI shocks are awesome but expensive. Sumo springs would probably help, too. Upgraded sway bars wouldn't hurt, either.

Are you towing anything?

We haven't towed with our yet and I was wondering how the FRED does.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #19

Quote:
I'd put new shocks on. The KONI shocks are awesome but expensive. Sumo springs would probably help, too. Upgraded sway bars wouldn't hurt, either.

Yeah, the cheaper Bilsteins seem to be out of stock / discontinued most places, so KONI may be the only choice. The sway bars already look very beefy (though from an automotive perspective).

Quote:
Are you towing anything?

We haven't towed with our yet and I was wondering how the FRED does.

Not yet but I'll be towing a Yaris when I de-snowbird in a month. The coach is wired for "brakemaster" pneumatic trailer brakes (triggered by hydraulic pressure from the main brakes) but otherwise have yet to figure out towing.
grilledcheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
[QUOTE=grilledcheez;4677835]Yeah, the cheaper Bilsteins seem to be out of stock / discontinued most places, so KONI may be the only choice. The sway bars already look very beefy (though from an automotive perspective).

I ordered a set of Bilstein shocks last year but only the front shocks arrived and they said the rears were back ordered. I tried to get the rears a few months ago but no luck. I have just contacted Bilstein to see if they can help me locate a set of rear shocks. If not, I will have to go with the Sachs in the rear.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Are you towing anything?

We haven't towed with our yet and I was wondering how the FRED does.[/QUOTE]

I haven't towed anything but the previous owner towed a huge enclosed trailer that had to be over the limit. He said it towed beautifully.
BTW, the trailer was heavy enough to wear the receiver pin hole a little oblong.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwarrior7 View Post
BTW, the trailer was heavy enough to wear the receiver pin hole a little oblong.
YIKES!!!

Tags
freightliner