RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Fresh Water Tank Access

I have a 2008 Allegro FRED. The main water line supplying my coach has blown somewhere forward of the fresh water tank. I pulled the access panel in the rear which only allows minor access to the fresh water tank and I can find no panels or access to the forward section. What am I missing? How do gain access to the area forward of the fresh water tank or, the gray and black holding tanks for that matter?

PonderosaMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2019, 09:00 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonderosaMax View Post
I have a 2008 Allegro FRED. The main water line supplying my coach has blown somewhere forward of the fresh water tank. I pulled the access panel in the rear which only allows minor access to the fresh water tank and I can find no panels or access to the forward section. What am I missing? How do gain access to the area forward of the fresh water tank or, the gray and black holding tanks for that matter?
I have an 08 Allegro BAY FRED, from what I know the fresh water tank is forward of the grey and black tank. I had a problem with my black tank last year, toilet leaking at the seal into the top of the tank. I scheduled an appointment with Bunk House RV in Red Bay Alabama. Contact Benny Johnson at 256-356-8634. He and his staff had worked for Tiffin. These guys were excellent to deal with, very very knowledgeable with the FRED, I am sure they can help you. As you probably know finding FRED owners is difficult, I love my FRED, interested on what you think of yours?

Terry K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:22 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the tip Terry - I will call them today.
I bought mine used from a fellow who did not take very good care of it but, luckily, the rig has good bones. After making a number of repairs, I am very satisfied with this rig. I've been to a number of RV shows and always come home happier with with what I have than what I've seen.
PonderosaMax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water