Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Furniture Upgrade

Looking to order a 19 Phaeton 440h. Does anyone think there would be an Issue to upgrade to the Villa furniture (Bus) from the Flexsteel. I was hoping to have it built that way rather than changing it afterwards. Has anyone else done this?
TIA

Dave
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #2

The problem will be if Tiffin does not offer the upgrade. Tiffin will not make production changes that are not specifically optioned for that particular coach. I don't know what you don't like about the Flexsteel furniture, but the Villa I've seen is not any better.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrobath View Post
Looking to order a 19 Phaeton 440h. Does anyone think there would be an Issue to upgrade to the Villa furniture (Bus) from the Flexsteel. I was hoping to have it built that way rather than changing it afterwards. Has anyone else done this?
TIA

Dave
The Flexsteel front captains chairs in the Phaeton were very uncomfortable for me and I had them switched to the bus chairs they are tight fit but they will work. Personally I think the Villa chairs are exceptional compared to Flexsteel. I had talk to Bob Tiffin to get it done .
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Your best bet is to start talking with Tiffin as early as possible - before you place your order. Tiffin has substituted the captains chairs in the past but it has been handled as a special request. Don't know about the other furniture. You always have the option to delete the rest of it and take your new coach to a shop that does RV furniture for outfitting.

Why don't you just buy a bus instead?
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #5

We had it done in our 18 40IH. Beth (our salesperson at Ingram) handled it all as part of our order. We quite agree with the post saying the Villa furniture is more comfortable than the Flexsteel, at least the Phaeton level furniture. One thing to note though is the Bus front seats (Villa) are a few inches wider than the Phaeton seats (Flexsteel). As such, when you have the Bus seats installed, the driver's seat is offset from the steering wheel . The center of the seat is about an inch right (as you face forward) of the center of the steering wheel. It looked odd at first, but after 100 miles, I don't ever n otice it anymore! We are very satisfied with our choice.
CptCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade