Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2016, 12:25 PM   #1

FW1 and Diamond Shield

Hello - I have a 2016 Allegro Bus that has the Diamond Shield on the front. Has anyone used FW1 on it - does it work with the Diamond Shield?

2016 Allegro Bus 45OP
JennyS_MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have Diamond Shield on the front of my coach. I can't comment about FW1. I have used, as have a lot of others, a product called Rejex on the front and windshields. It makes bug removal easy and has a great shine.

Amazon.com: Corrosion-X 61002 Rejex 16oz Bottle: Sports & Outdoors
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #3

From what I've heard baby shampoo or something mild is what tiffin recommends for their coaches. Dave
Old 02-12-2016, 07:30 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The only thing that Tiffin recommends other than baby shampoo to wash the coach is 303. You should apply 303 to the Diamond Shield at least once a month when using the coach. There is no need to use anything else.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
According to the Diamond Shield rep, They only recommend one product for bug removal. It can be purchased thru their website or Tiffin's Red Bay Store.
Huey46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:50 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey46 View Post
According to the Diamond Shield rep, They only recommend one product for bug removal. It can be purchased thru their website or Tiffin's Red Bay Store.
And that magic material is . . .?
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
And that magic material is . . .?
My question exactly. We are in Las Vegas, and sent 10 minutes debugging the front of the coach when we arrived.

Dan
Old 02-29-2016, 07:16 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Bug Magic is the name of the product.
Huey46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Diamond Shield should be waxed with a liquid wax
https://www.diamond-shield.com/index...Product%20Care
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Actually they give a few additional options....

Diamond Shield recommends the use of 303 Aerospace Protectant™, especially before any trips or Protect All (Protect All - Home Page) both of these products replenish and provide UV screening protection, repel dust, soiling and staining, and should be applied every time you clean the front of your auto/truck/rv/etc. For minor scuffs we recommend the NOVUS line of products. Waxing of your coach is recommended at least 3-4 times/year.

Prior to putting your auto/truck/rv/etc. in storage, Diamond Shield Nano-Fusion Paint Protection Film should be cleaned and waxed. We recommend Mothers or Maguire's Liquid wax. DO NOT USE wax designed for specific colors.

Thanks for the web page reference....

Dan
Old 03-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Our sailing friends would wipe Soft Scrub all over the bow of their trailered boat, then hose and wipe off the bugs upon arrival. Worked great. For our bus we have a bra!
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rain.x makes a Bug and Tar pre wash gel that works very well. Just spray on, wait 3-5 minutes and wash off. They instruct you to then wash the area with a good wash product containing wax. I use it on all my vehicles. Works great. No elbow grease needed.

Sjg1277
Tiffin 31SA
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Sjg1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:10 AM   #13

Thanks for the replies. We just got back home to MN - what a great trip out to the SW. The motor home performed quite well. Our Wolf induction cook top died the second day out, and in normal Tiffan fashion, they next day aired one out to us in Benson, AZ. We couldn't find anyone to put it in (the Tiffan dealers were booking 3 weeks out), so with some help from Kings Campers in Wausau, WI where we bought the home, we did the replacement ourselves. It went good - no problems. And the new top worked great, and man, is it fast.

We did get some 303 from Lazydays at Tucson, but their dealership there is nothing like the huge dealership that is in Florida. Room to grow, I guess. The bugs all washed off real easy, and then I applied the 303.

We got into a snowstorm on the way back on I70 through the Vail, CO area. Everything above 9500 MSL was problematic, I know these homes aren't the best in snow and with it snowing hard and the temperature at 27 degrees, it was a mess going through the passes. Some guy with a small truck pulling a UHaul trailer had a particularly bad day, as he was jack knifed 500 vertical feet from the Vail Summit in the fast lane. Traffic kept moving - slowly - I was really afraid that if I got stopped, that I would be sitting and unable to move. It was tense for quite a while - maybe won't do that again.....

The Bus performed very well in the mountains, with it able to hold a 10% downgrade with nothing other than the engine braking at 45 mph. And, coming home last night with temperatures down to 9 degrees, the home was warm. We couldn't keep our 2002 Monaco Diplomat warm if it got much below freezing, especially at night.

Anyway - thanks for the replies. I have to get to work...I have a dirty Bus to clean

Jen
JennyS_MN is offline   Reply With Quote