Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Gen auto start

So looking in the Xantrex menu, I see an option for generator auto start. But when I select it, I can't seem to be able to change any settings.

This morning, after inverting over night, the house batteries were too weak to start the generator. Had to crank the engine for
awhile to be able start the generator.
IFlyABus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2016, 02:41 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
IFlyABus, besides setting the "Auto Start: to "ON", you have to tell it when to come on. Those are the "Quiet Hours", "Temp", "Voltage", set "Auto Off" to "float", "absorbsion" or another "off" setting; and maybe I am missing one or two. But you have to set a few settings besides just the auto on.

2 notes:
1) once you set this up, using the manual start switch on the dash is suppose to cancel the programmed setting
2) using the manual switch to start/stop the genset may or may not cancel the auto off settings. To be sure you cancel them you should set "Auto Start to OFF.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
IFlyABus, besides setting the "Auto Start: to "ON", you have to tell it when to come on. Those are the "Quiet Hours", "Temp", "Voltage", set "Auto Off" to "float", "absorbsion" or another "off" setting; and maybe I am missing one or two. But you have to set a few settings besides just the auto on.

2 notes:
1) once you set this up, using the manual start switch on the dash is suppose to cancel the programmed setting
2) using the manual switch to start/stop the genset may or may not cancel the auto off settings. To be sure you cancel them you should set "Auto Start to OFF.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
You need to go through the whole menu, especially you must set the clock! Set all of the settings and it will work. For instance, I set mine to start the genset when the batteries reach 12.2 V.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ok, read the Xantrex book about auto genews start, and something is amiss.

To begin, I hit menu, and see System Settings, FSW3013 00, Auto Gen Start, XSCP, AND Clock. Scroll down to Auto Gen Start, hit the Enterprise button, and I see: Gen Status/State/Trigger, none of which are selectable. Then Gen Mode with [ ], but I get nothing when I push Enterprise. Mode is next, and it is selectable, shows [Operating]. Next is QT [ ] but again I cannot select anything. Then clear faults & warnings and view system info. That's it.

Page 4-5 of the Xantrex manual tells me I should be able to get into an Advanced Menu by scrolling past:
Auto gen start
System Panel
Clock
System (this one is highlighted in the book)

But my panel reads:
System Settings
FSW30 12 00
Auto gen start
XSCP
Clock
and that's it. Nowhere can I find an advanced menu.

Dunno if it helps, but the Auto Gen Start info:
Model # 809-0915
Serial # 000011E1402F
F/W Rev. 1.03.00 BN 4

XSCP
809-0921
00001772ED10
1.03.00 BN 2

FSW30 12 00
815-3012
00001772A46501
3.03.00 BN 13
Old 08-14-2016, 09:22 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Are you landing on system setup and then using the right arrow? Mine is different but should operate basically the same.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote