Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2017, 08:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scr392 View Post
I"If you'll give us the opportunity we will fix any problem."
Apparently there is a new policy from Tiffin. The factory will no longer work on coaches older that 4 years old except for minor repairs that can be completed in 3 hours or less.
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post
Apparently there is a new policy from Tiffin. The factory will no longer work on coaches older that 4 years old except for minor repairs that can be completed in 3 hours or less.
That is a good thing the sub-contractors like Kimbrough locoated about 40 min from the factory do a great job and you get in and out faster
gnorthga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We are currently at Red Bay... the new policy, effective April 1st, is that the service center will not accept coaches 4 years or older in the "Outback"... this refers to coaches that are dropped off for service. If you stay with your coach while in service (i.e., in the Campground), the policy does not apply. I got this clarified today...
Monty58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:02 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Smile

I've have had two Tiffins Red 33AA and now Red 37 PA been happy with both models Had some problems with dealer where the 37 PA came from Call Bob Tiffins office he called be back with 30 mins That service and Bob took care of the problems Would not look at anything else Happy Shopping
Hal3848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racklefratz View Post
It's "sons", please. Not "son's". No apostrophe.

Thanks
It is, "There is no apostrophe.", not, "No apostrophe.".
billdreamlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Cool

Punctuation marks, correct or incorrect, I bet most everyone understands messages on this forum. Have you read any text messages lately?
Rkesselus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deblennick View Post
Hi, my husband and I are getting ready to upgrade to a (new to us) diesel. We think we have it narrowed down to 3 brands, one of them being Tiffin. I have been doing so much research my eyes are starting to cross, so I thought I would go straight to the owners forum to see what actual owners have to say. Any information would be greatly appreciated as this will be a 10 year commitment. Thank you!
Email sent.
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tiffin and Winnebago

Hello Deblennick, I’m looking to upgrade as well so I’m glad I found your post. I have been eyeing the Journey 42E and the Allegro Bus 45 OP_D. Both seem to have identical floor plans so I'm just parsing out the option and chassis details between the two.

One of my major decision factors, among many others, is the manufacturer...Winnebago vs. Tiffin. Quality, customer service, etc. When doing forum research for my last coach I noticed that no matter the coach or manufacturer, you'll find 1 or 2 bitterly obsessed people that got the shaft. It really raises your blood pressure about how some folks end up with a bad deal. Unfortunately, I let those negative emotions sway my decisions a bit too much last time, telling myself “I’d never buy one of those because of what happened to them.” This was a bad move on my part as it limited my search of potential coaches because of a few people. Truth be told, there’s a quality issue among the RV industry that is sometimes a hard pill to swallow if not accustomed to it. My advice is to use the forums as trending data points and not to put too much emphasis on a specific person that got a seemingly bad coach.

I’m looking forward to watching this thread for some owner experiences. The Tiffin stories are looking good so far. Good luck on your search and please keep us updated on your thoughts.

Take care, Kurt
Old 01-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #23

We are looking to upgrade as well. I tend to research things to death prior to making a decision. From everything I have read, Tiffin consistently ranks toward the top in quality and customer satisfaction.

We are considering a 2008-10 Phaeton. I want to stay in the $125-150K range for our first diesel coach. The Allegro Red is also an option, but I personally like the Phaeton's specs a bit better. I have not driven them.

We have previously owned a Class A gas, made by Four Winds (Thor). I was not impressed with the build quality. I hope Tiffin's is better.

I will continue to follow this post. I'm curious about what owners have to say as well. Good luck with your search!
Jetstream71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:21 PM   #24

Getting ready to upgrade. Looking for insight on Tiffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by deblennick View Post
Thank ypu! That is one of the other brands we are looking at.

I am looking as well and currently have a Newmar. The thing that upset me about Winnebago is the windshield frame corrosion issue. Our local dealer told me they don't acknowledge the issue and won't change the design. We have ruled out Winnebago for any consideration at this point. Also, the experience by David Bott (outside our bubble.com) was an eye opener. Tiffin remains on our final list of two manufacturers.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty58 View Post
We are currently at Red Bay... the new policy, effective April 1st, is that the service center will not accept coaches 4 years or older in the "Outback"... this refers to coaches that are dropped off for service. If you stay with your coach while in service (i.e., in the Campground), the policy does not apply. I got this clarified today...
That certainly is not what the attached says and what others that are now Red Bay are saying.

Can you advise who told you there has been a change to what is stated in the attached, as it doesn't say anything about the Outback area?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tiffin Service Policy 4-1-17.pdf (563.6 KB, 55 views)
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:46 PM   #26

At the very least owners with coaches older than 4 years are going to have to make a legitimate effort to have repairs that will take more than 3 hours done somewhere other than at Tiffin. It's not yet clear to me what happens if you take it somewhere and the problem ends up worse or if you're local Tiffin dealer simply doesn't have the skills to take on the repair. It's also not clear to me if Tiffin will help owners find a shop or of the owner is on their own.

Hopefully Tiffin will provide some clarity over the next couple of months. I don't believe they are really abandoning owners with coaches older than 4 years, but if I were about to buy one I'd want to see a more informative statement from Tiffin vs the one we have now.
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin, upgrade