RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #1

Getting ready to upgrade. Looking for insight on Tiffins

Hi, my husband and I are getting ready to upgrade to a (new to us) diesel. We think we have it narrowed down to 3 brands, one of them being Tiffin. I have been doing so much research my eyes are starting to cross, so I thought I would go straight to the owners forum to see what actual owners have to say. Any information would be greatly appreciated as this will be a 10 year commitment. Thank you!

dlennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I was privileged to help my buddy install LED lights in the out door awning and over the crown molding in his 2011 Winnebago. I did the same to mine. And I can tell you the quality in the Tiffin was twice that of the Winnebago. The way it was put together was much better in the Tiffin. Most of the rest of the stuff is after market sinks, pumps, levelers, and so on, but the construction of the cabinets and structure seemed to be much better in the Tiffin.

billdreamlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdreamlv View Post
I was privileged to help my buddy install LED lights in the out door awning and over the crown molding in his 2011 Winnebago. I did the same to mine. And I can tell you the quality in the Tiffin was twice that of the Winnebago. The way it was put together was much better in the Tiffin. Most of the rest of the stuff is after market sinks, pumps, levelers, and so on, but the construction of the cabinets and structure seemed to be much better in the Tiffin.
Thank ypu! That is one of the other brands we are looking at.
dlennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:42 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
You will benefit in your research by joining the TRVN forum (TiffinRVNetwork.com).
It is a forum run by Tiffin owners, not the company. Keep in mind as you read it that many, if not most, of the posts are Tiffin owners complaining about various problems, and that the thousands of satisfied owners may not heard from.
It is also a wonderful source of information about any Tiffin model.
Good luck in your decision.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctox View Post
You will benefit in your research by joining the TRVN forum (TiffinRVNetwork.com).
It is a forum run by Tiffin owners, not the company. Keep in mind as you read it that many, if not most, of the posts are Tiffin owners complaining about various problems, and that the thousands of satisfied owners may not heard from.
I agree totally, if you run into a problem with your Tiffin, post it and you will get tons of information on how to fix it.
caninecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
If you've been a Class A owner already you know what features you like, don't like, need or want then that's a start. We traded in our 2016 Tiffin 32 SA Allegro open road 34' towards a 2016 Allegro Red 38QRA. I needed more towing capacity , wanted a washer & dryer and knew we needed the extra bathroom. The overall quality of the interior build is excellent. Good luck in your hunt and have fun.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
I will relate our experience with Tiffin to say we are extremely pleased with both the product and the attitude of the company. We have been lucky in eighteen months and 12,000 miles to only have three minor issues with ours which were quickly resolved. Our travel friends have another brand (that will remain unnamed) which they bought new about six months before us. The quality of cabinets and overall construction in ours is far superior to theirs. They have had cabinet doors fall apart, trim pieces fall down on them while driving, and many other issues including the engine banging against a bulkhead that wasn't given proper clearance. We have not taken a trip with them that they did not have some issue arise because of poor quality construction.
'12 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #8

If possible I would suggest you go to Red Bay and tour the plant. They have tours everyday at 9:00 plus you can go back later and take a closer look. You can also go and watch your coach being built if you would like. I just spent a week there in the first of Dec. watching ours. Also go to the paint shop and look at all the colors.
Scr392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctox View Post
Agree. This forum and the TRVN forum are hugely valuable resources. Additionally I have found Tiffin tech support knowledgeble and helpful.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deblennick View Post
Hi, my husband and I are getting ready to upgrade to a (new to us) diesel. We think we have it narrowed down to 3 brands, one of them being Tiffin. I have been doing so much research my eyes are starting to cross, so I thought I would go straight to the owners forum to see what actual owners have to say. Any information would be greatly appreciated as this will be a 10 year commitment. Thank you!
If you are thinking of a Tiffin, go all out. Good looking coach with only 24,400mi on it.
2010 Tiffin Zephyr | Premier RV
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:43 PM   #11

tiffin vs industry

Tiffin is the only RV manufacturer were you can call up and talk directly to The founder & CEO. He is very accessible! I have met Bob Tiffin at shows and he is a one of kind Gentlemen! Also have talked to him on the phone with questions and he goes the distance to solve your problems. I do not know MR Tiffin but he treats you like a friend and the customer is respected by all Tiffin departments & employees. I am just one of thousands of Tiffin owners. It great to own a quality Tiffin motorhome! 2015 37PA Allegro Red.
bobbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #12

I met one of the son's while my coach was being built. The last thing he said after our short conversation was "Thank you for your business" The entire company has that attitude which goes a long ways. I had a 2004 Phaeton and it had 1 warranty issue. I know that was the exception but I've been told "If you'll give us the opportunity we will fix any problem." I just can't say enough about the Tiffin Family or the Tiffin Company. You will not go wrong with a Tiffin.
Scr392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
If you are thinking of a Tiffin, go all out. Good looking coach with only 24,400mi on it.
2010 Tiffin Zephyr | Premier RV
2 stroker
We have a 2010 just like that one love love love it

Make sure all the recalls done
1) wet bay
2) cap rails
3) front DS slide floor

I must hand it to tiffin they fixed all three mine even after the warranty was out

Great coach weighs about 42,000 loaded the 500 really pushes it well
gnorthga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scr392 View Post
I met one of the son's
It's "sons", please. Not "son's". No apostrophe.

Thanks

Racklefratz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin, upgrade