RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #1

HELP 2011 Allegro Breeze 28BR ANYONE KNOW OIL FILTER NUMBER?

Please if someone can help us out here.

My sister came up here from San Diego to Washington state to visit and my husband was checking out her RV she recently bought. It was used. The oil was so black my husband doesn't think the oil was ever changed in the life of the motorhome.

He couldn't find the oil filter part number anywhere so he called Tiffin in Alabama. He had the VIN number but it was like they themselves didn't know what engine the thing had in it. They were saying stuff like "well it could be this one or could be that one" and he never got a direct answer from them. He called around to all kinds of auto parts store and finally a woman said she knew what he needed. She sold us an oil filter (27312MP) that looked like it was the right one but it was just a little smaller around than what this RV needs. It was horrible trying to get that oil filter out over the radiator but he finally did it and it's the wrong oil filter.

Does anyone know the exact oil filter number that a 2011 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR uses. I don't know what other info to give other than it's a diesel pusher and Class A. HELP!!

YoJoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We MUST know the year, make and model of the engine to give you the info you need, not the make of the RV.

D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #3

These are the specs we found but according to Tiffin it was originally a Navistar part number superseded by an International Part number. The International number crossed with three different kits with varying size cartridges and each has a different height for the screw cap. I brought home two of the three and neither one is the right height and both of them are a smaller diameter. They actually fit inside the cap that I need so I'm not getting the correct oil filter part number.

Engine Brand Name MaxxForce®
Engine Type V8 Diesel Pusher
Cylinders 8
Horsepower (bhp/kW) 215 / 160.4
Horsepower RPM 2600
Torque (Ft Lbs/Nm) 560 / 759.2
Torque RPM 1400
Fuel Requirements Regular
Fuel Type Diesel

Can I just take in the oil filter we pulled out to someplace like Campers World and they could tell me what to buy?
Old 07-08-2017, 04:42 PM   #4

Find a International Truck dealer they make Maxxforce engines or call NAPA auto parts. Dave
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is oil filter and one or two fuel filters that should be changed. Along with several gallons (not quarts) of oil. Chassis lube should also be done. Then there is air filter as well.

And how about the generator service?

If Freightliner chassis, call them with the VIN and they can tell you everything.

Big picture, if no service records assume everything needs to be done in the way if services.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #6

The engine in your Breeze is a Navistar MaxForce 7 6.4L.

The OEM oil filter number was 1893553C2
The replacement Racor number is PFL 33264 (Racor was the maker of the OEM filter) or a Fleetgard LF17515

That filter fits 2010 - 2013 MaxForce 7 engines.

Now you do understand that is a diesel and the oil will turn jet black in 50 miles of driving. So color of the oil is no indicator of when the oil was changed.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:39 PM   #7

Neither one of those oil filters for which you provided the numbers look like the one he took off the RV. The one he took off had a black screw on cap (large diameter) with a small pressure release valve (looks like brass on one edge) and a molded black plastic 33-34 mm Hex (?) pattern to put a wrench on it and unscrew the big plastic cap. The filter cartridge then drops inside. Any ideas?? We spoke with Napa and they measured the ones they had and the height of the plastic cap was wrong and so were the diameters they had. My husband thinks or read somewhere that he thinks in mid-2011 they went with another engine though the specs say it is a MaxxForce?
Old 07-08-2017, 06:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoLo View Post
Neither one of those oil filters for which you provided the numbers look like the one he took off the RV. The one he took off had a black screw on cap (large diameter) with a small pressure release valve (looks like brass on one edge) and a molded black plastic 33-34 mm Hex (?) pattern to put a wrench on it and unscrew the big plastic cap. The filter cartridge then drops inside. Any ideas?? We spoke with Napa and they measured the ones they had and the height of the plastic cap was wrong and so were the diameters they had. My husband thinks or read somewhere that he thinks in mid-2011 they went with another engine though the specs say it is a MaxxForce?

If it's a cartridge type filter then it's probably a Racor PF L2016 and the engine in the Breeze is a 2009 or early 2010.
Look at page 13 of the attached for a listing of Racor filters with pictures:

https://www.parker.com/literature/Ra...log_-_7686.pdf
Old 07-09-2017, 08:03 AM   #9

This is the filter that I use. I buy it at NAPA. I own a 2012 28BR with a MaxForce 7

NAPA part # 27312 MP

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/PSW27312MP

I received this from Tiffin years ago.
Engine oil filter kit power glide breeze # 5017230. Was around $70.00 so I elected to use the NAPA, 27312MP.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Please if someone can help us out here.

My sister came up here from San Diego to Washington state to visit and my husband was checking out her RV she recently bought. It was used. The oil was so black my husband doesn't think the oil was ever changed in the life of the motorhome.

He couldn't find the oil filter part number anywhere so he called Tiffin in Alabama. He had the VIN number but it was like they themselves didn't know what engine the thing had in it. They were saying stuff like "well it could be this one or could be that one" and he never got a direct answer from them. He called around to all kinds of auto parts store and finally a woman said she knew what he needed. She sold us an oil filter (27312MP) that looked like it was the right one but it was just a little smaller around than what this RV needs. It was horrible trying to get that oil filter out over the radiator but he finally did it and it's the wrong oil filter.

Does anyone know the exact oil filter number that a 2011 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR uses. I don't know what other info to give other than it's a diesel pusher and Class A. HELP!!
BobandDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:19 AM   #10

Quote:

You need to take the engine serial number that Tiffin can give you and the old filter to a place like RWC Group in Tacoma. It shouldn't be this difficult. Do not try a place like Camping World or any other RV dealer. This is a small delivery truck engine and a very simple issue for a International truck dealer. Look for a dealer advertising as Navistar or Maxxforce or International and they can help you with the correct filter.

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro