Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Help i've. Lost my blower motor '89 Allegro

Hi all... I need your assistance. In my 89 Allegro the dash hvac controls fail to work ( notice I didn't say broken.) I just cant get them to work fuses replaced, now I cant find the blower motor. Anybody have an idea where it is. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #2

I do believe it is behind a removable covered kick plate on the passenger side of your rig. On my fleetwood I had to dig in the carpet to find the screws. In my case I had a device called "blower resistors" burnout and I replaced this electronic pack and fan came back to life.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks i found the heater core box, and was expecting the blower to be on the opposite side but found a cabin air mix door. Im hoping it isn't right above the dog house in the dash ... :/
Old 07-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
If the blower was working and not squealing or failing to run before, it usually isn't the motor when it suddenly stops working. Check the resistors that control fan speed. This is often a ceramic block under the dash that the dash control wires go to before the fan motor. If you have uncovered the blower motor, use jumpers to test that it works before going on to the resistor pack.

This video is for a Chevy pickup, but yours shouldn't differ from it too much.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #5

You might have a trap door out side the RV ...Look on the passenger side firewall and see if there is an access plate there. Hopefully it is inside the RV....I could not imagine what stunt I would need to perform to get to the blower cover with all the stuff that placed in its path.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Im getting the feeling im gonna end up lifting the top of the dash to find it ...(insert whimper here)
Old 07-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks BFlinn, unfortunately for me it hasn't worked since i bought it in may so have no idea where to start. Figured i would check the fan and work back to the controls
Old 07-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Blower motor resistor is not used on HIGH, if it is a GM type system motor is on passanger side, depending on vehicle either inside or "under hood" (On my Workhorse it is below the "Dash" and if you don't mind lying head down in the passanger seat it's easy to get at.. It is also a standard CHEVY part number making it easy to find replacements)