Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2015, 12:08 AM   #1

help my alarm went off

My tiffin coach is parked plugged in .my driveway .I started hearing a beep beep going off went in check no smell.the green and red light at bottom of my dresser red light on pushed the button next to light been ok .I pushed the frig button to auto instead of gas ....would that be it why it went off?
Ps.considering.im plugged in should I turn off 12v.switch to off position? Thankyou for your help!!!DsCoacher
dscoacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2015, 05:40 AM   #2

OMG, you are going to die from CO poisoning, just before your coach blows up. Better call Bob Tiffin ASAP his morning, and drive to Red Bay if you are not dead or on fire.

Now that we have the worse case hysterics that seem to pop up on forums out of the way.........

It seems they alarms can go off for many reasons other than what they are supposed to go off for. It was the first of just a handful of minor issues we have had on our new 2015 31sa....

So, double check for propane leaks just to be sure. Seems doubtful you have a CO issue unless you were running your furnace and it has a problem.

They seem to go off with low voltage situations, and it appears other things like aerosols, animals, hair, dust, and I also think off gassing from new interiors too. Maybe even gasses from your batteries (probably worth a sniff there too). And maybe there was just a bad batch that Tiffin got because there have been a handful of similar situations on forums with other 2015 Allegros too (hence some of my sarcasm at the beginning).

Ours was going off twice in our storage place between our first trip and 2nd, and we were plugged into a shared 20amp outlet which we have since determined gets tripped on occasion.

It then went off again on the 2nd trip at 2 am of course (was actually very happy at that point that we knew what it was from the previous issues in storage), and it was a pita to reset that time, I had to get my tools out of the basement, pull it out of the wall and take it apart to get the reset button to work.

Called Tifin, and they sent a new one ahead to our next campground. I did not install it right away, but was prepared - had screwdriver, wire cutters on the dresser, and had bought spades / plugs to use too so it would be easy to remove if necessary going forward. Off against 2 am, screwdriver in hand, wire cutters, and it was yanked out in a minute. Installed the new one next morning, and not a false alarm since......

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
And to your second question, leave your 12V switch and inverter/charger on when parked and plugged in. Using Auto on your fridge is fine as well.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:15 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another thing you said "your alarm" but you did not say WHICH alarm.
Here is a short list
Smoke Detector
Propane (Explosive gas) Detector
CO Detector
Power fault (If you have an inverter some of them beep)
Wind Speed detector (Older Weather Pro awnings with the "lighthouse" type wind sensor will alarm if the mercury drops below freezing, not sure of the precise point)
Jacks alarm
EVEN THE TURN SIGNAL has an alarm.

Many alarms.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
OMG, you are going to die from CO poisoning, just before your coach blows up. Better call Bob Tiffin ASAP his morning, and drive to Red Bay if you are not dead or on fire.

Now that we have the worse case hysterics that seem to pop up on forums out of the way.........

It seems they alarms can go off for many reasons other than what they are supposed to go off for. It was the first of just a handful of minor issues we have had on our new 2015 31sa....

So, double check for propane leaks just to be sure. Seems doubtful you have a CO issue unless you were running your furnace and it has a problem.

They seem to go off with low voltage situations, and it appears other things like aerosols, animals, hair, dust, and I also think off gassing from new interiors too. Maybe even gasses from your batteries (probably worth a sniff there too). And maybe there was just a bad batch that Tiffin got because there have been a handful of similar situations on forums with other 2015 Allegros too (hence some of my sarcasm at the beginning).

Ours was going off twice in our storage place between our first trip and 2nd, and we were plugged into a shared 20amp outlet which we have since determined gets tripped on occasion.

It then went off again on the 2nd trip at 2 am of course (was actually very happy at that point that we knew what it was from the previous issues in storage), and it was a pita to reset that time, I had to get my tools out of the basement, pull it out of the wall and take it apart to get the reset button to work.

Called Tifin, and they sent a new one ahead to our next campground. I did not install it right away, but was prepared - had screwdriver, wire cutters on the dresser, and had bought spades / plugs to use too so it would be easy to remove if necessary going forward. Off against 2 am, screwdriver in hand, wire cutters, and it was yanked out in a minute. Installed the new one next morning, and not a false alarm since......

Regards
Thankyou !!!!
Old 09-22-2015, 11:27 PM   #6

Well thankyou everyone for your help and comments I do appreciate it!!!