RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #1

home theater system

Our MH is an 07 Phaeton 36 the Panasonic home theater system has quite and has a fault f61. I took it to a repair shop and they say it isn't cost worthy to fix. My question is what can I replace it with? The new systems have HDMI connections mine is the old style with the colored cables. Also the repair man said that the ohms for the speakers are all different and if I get a new system I would have to replace the speakers also.

dnheng12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Which colored cables? Component has Red, Blue and Green plus red/white for audio and Composite has red, white and yellow?

Converter

Old 09-10-2015, 12:49 PM   #3

home theater system

The cables are audio red & White, video Yellow, also blue and green.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
So it sounds like you have a system that is wired for component connections. For an RV that would probably provide sufficient quality, but for convenience HDMI works so much better for video. Unless you have a long distance between your receiver/amplifier and your TV, why not switch?

Also, regarding the speakers, making sure the speakers impedance match the specifications of the amplifier is a good idea.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #5

home theater system

If the TV and the system were close I would run the HDMI cable but this MH the TV is in the back of the room and the receiver is up front by the walk in door. Would not be able to run the HDMI cable, but I have heard that Best Buy makes an adapter from component to HDMI, have not checked it out yet. Thank you
Old 09-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnheng12 View Post
If the TV and the system were close I would run the HDMI cable but this MH the TV is in the back of the room and the receiver is up front by the walk in door. Would not be able to run the HDMI cable, but I have heard that Best Buy makes an adapter from component to HDMI, have not checked it out yet. Thank you
I linked you an adapter for component to HDMI conversion. Watch out for the cheap cable conversion sold on Amazon, they get 1 and 2 star reviews for a reason.

Yellow should be composite, but if you have blue and green maybe that also is the red part of component.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
This is something I plan to do in the future for our 2001 Allegro Bus. Have upgraded the TV's to flat screens but the sound is not much, with TV speakers. Vinyl plank flooring first then sound system. Will probably get CarToys to help with what will work the best.
McKTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #8

Impedance issues are only a problem when you start asking an amp to pump out a lot of current to power a low impedance load and can over heat the amps power supply (which is why I said it is ONLY an issue when you are requesting high volumes from your amp) At normal listening levels this isn't an issue. A speakers impedance varies as a function of frequency. An 8 Ohm speaker isn't always a constant 8 Ohm load for your amp. This has to do with the inductive reactance nature of loudspeaker systems.

The main issue you will have with a few mismatched speakers is volume differences between them. But unless you sit in the middle of the RV in the "sweet spot" your not likely to notice any difference & most HT amps will have a level setting setup function anyway. If you like how your speakers sound. Then keep them.

1998 Foretravel U320LE 36' #5314
2014 Mercedes GLK250 diesel
2003 Subaru legacy L touring car
super7pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater