Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #1

How to remove exterior trim molding

I need to remove the exterior trim molding on my 2007 Allegro Bus. The access door hidden hinge to the electrical bay is coming loose. What tool is needed to remove the trim molding so I can make repair? And please explain how the molding snaps off and how to snap it back on. Thanks. Happy New Year.
PElzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to phredsee
Assuming you're talking about the trim piece that runs the length on both sides, separating the storage compartments from the upper coach, I just had mine replaced at TMH in Red Bay, AL.

First of all mine protruded out from the motorhome siding due to (2) broken mounting screws. Having no access to screw them in, the top piece snaps onto a bottom piece but it's a very difficult to remove. The tech grabbed the very end top piece with pliers and pulled it off all the way to the end. This took lots of strength to remove it and quite a few minutes to totally complete that portion of the work. It was nothing but a curly que trim piece and mangled beyond recognition when he got it off.

Adding additional screws along that horizontal edge was the easy part, which is the next step. Now, snapping a new cover piece on was a real pain. This took about (6) hours of hitting the trim piece with a rubber hammer, and he went through (4) trim pieces due to denting the prior ones or didn't fit right.

Silicone sealant came next and the final step was multi-color paint and clear coat. Lucky for me it was a warranty job.

My thought was it normally couldn't take this long when building these things and I suggested the tech to call the main plant and ask how it's done, but wasn't interested in doing that.

Anyway, I hope this helps you and maybe a local dealer can suggest a better way.

Happy New Year to you as well.

Fred
Old 01-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #3

Trim molding

Your explination is awesome Thanks bunches. Appreciate the response.
PElzey is offline   Reply With Quote