Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2016, 03:11 PM   #1

How trouble free has your Allegro been?

Ok, here's the deal... my wife and I are looking at a 2016 Tifffin Allegro but a friend who works for a dealer said they were not build like they used to be.

He recommended we look at a 2008 or earlier and save a bundle and get a much better coach for the money.

He recommended a Holiday Rambler DP but said there were other quality built coaches. He felt after 2008 the quality really dropped.

So I am simply asking what your experience has been with 2009-2016 gas model Allegros.

I am not trying to start any word wars etc. so please ..... Thank you in advance.
BobMontgomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #2

their all rv's - just waiting for the next repair.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I can't comment on the quality of the gas rigs, but our Allegro RED is basically the same level of coach with a different chassis. In fourteen months and seven thousand miles, we have had VERY few problems with it so far (knock on wood). Compared to our friends who bought a brand new Fleetwood, the build quality of ours is far superior. We have had three or four minor issues, and all but one were related to outside manufacturer's equipment, not Tiffin's build. As others have said, you can't expect a totally trouble free relationship with any brand. That is just my experience and findings, others will vary.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Our 2015 36LA we put 13000 miles on it in one year. Total of 2 trips to the dealer. First trip was for furnace problem that was repaired in 4 days. Second trip was for bad step motor that was repaired in 3 days. We have been very happy with the 36 LA.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:04 PM   #5

Overall we're happy with our '14 35qba. Had a bunch of issues the first year or so the tiffin and our dealer took care of. Yes, it seems like there's a little something, but at least as of today there's not major issues. We're happy with our Tiffin gasser and are looking forward to 5 months in South Texas this coming winter.
BillL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #6

Lots of things to think about. In 40+ years I can't remember a trouble free trip in the RV. My Allegro RED 38QRA is reasonably trouble free when compared to my previous Holiday Rambler, Pace Arrows, and Adventurers. Most of the troubles have been of my making. The Tiffin related troubles have been addressed completely to my satisfaction by Tiffin in very short order. All without returning to the dealer. So I guess I can say my Tiffin Allegro is trouble free.Personally, I don't care how much better the coach was built in 2008, you will be looking at older hoses, wiring, appliances, etc. I'd stick to a new coach. JMHO
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #7

Our 2015 31SA is our first RV, which after ordering in Dec. 2014 we took delivery in March of 2015. We just passed 13,000 miles and are around 200 nights on the road at this point.

While not perfect, we have greatly enjoyed our coach and have yet to see anything that makes us second guess our decision. As for 8-10 year old coaches, we had and still have no interest in them for a laundry list of reasons.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:24 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our 36LA is 8 months old and has 3,500 miles. We did have a problem with the steps not retracting, which the dealer repaired. We also had a 1 time problem with the Ford Chassis brake "Hydro-boost" warning light, which disappeared on its own.
Other than these two minor issues, we have been trouble free. There were several small and cosmetic issues which are fixed with a screwdriver, epoxy & gorilla tape.
Frankly, I was expecting more issues. I was planning to make the pilgrimage to Red Bay before the 1 year warranty expires, however, as of now, I have nothing for them to fix.
I did go to Red Bay when they built the coach, and I do believe that helps with the build as well as gaining owner knowledge. When we picked it up in December at Lazy Days, we did spend 3 days on the delivery lot trying to find issues and resolving them before I drove away.
I am very happy with the quality of the workmanship.
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #9

We have a 2015 Allegro Bus 45UP. Love it! Great customer service with Tiffin! You will find issues will all brands, just have to decide your budget, floor plan and color...in that order.
conniep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #10

Never been back to our dealer in 3 years. Had some minor problems which I was able to repair myself with shipped to me parts. Very happy.
PS buying an older coach you will have problems as things do wear out.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:56 AM   #11

Our 2005 Allegro Bus needed to be repaired after each extended trip. We came close to being full-time residents of Red Bay! To be fair, however, it wasn't much different than the other 2 DP'ers we owned, a Gulfstream and a Monaco.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:57 PM   #12

I had issues with our entry level Thor ACE to the point I was ready to call it quits. Wife went with me and we looked at a new, 2016 Allegro 32SA and she said we should just get it....

Night. And. Day.

Issues found on PDI: dinette table wouldn't extend. Drivers door was binding and wouldn't open, a few small smudges on a lower cabinet, driver window up/down switch not seated and didn't work well and plumbing under sink dripping. All fixed before papers signed.

One visit to dealer for cargo bay door adjustments (in and out play in several), XM and CB antennas not working, coach entry door needed adjustment, and BR slide adjusted slightly so it wouldn't scrape the bedroom door with a the bedside countertop when almost closed.

One final thing found: hose fitting cracked on outside shower hose.

we're currently in Watkins Glen, NY enjoying the coach. I'd get another without hesitation.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:16 AM   #13

2012 Allegro 36LA

Hello,
approaching 40,000 on ours, purchased new March 2012 from RV World of Georgia. Visits to a dealer for repairs or warranty work-none. A few minor issues, I took care of myself. A loose piece of trim here and there, a couple of adjustments to doors, etc.. nothing to warrant a trip to the dealer. Did visit Red Bay for a tour just before we bought ours. And a second trip as it was on our route for a cracked windshield replacement. Very pleased with the unit. This is our third Class A. Getting ready to head to PA for fun week in Carlisle.
melving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:06 PM   #14

We have a 2015 36LA with 10,000 miles. We bought it new and had very minor issues. Had to replace the backsplash and had a small leak in the fresh water tank. All fixed at the dealers. After 1 year, the only thing that went out was the motor and module on the windshield wipers. Tiffin sent the parts and didn't charge a thing. DH replaced and all has been well since. Love the RV and knocking on wood that our good fortune holds.