RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2017, 11:41 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
HWH Auto Leveling Sensor

Our coach has the newer HWH auto leveling sensor that is suspended by three long screws from the top of a driver side storage bay. After some searching I found a Web page dealing with this new electronic [HERE]. The instructions on the page indicate that if a curb side low condition exists, tighten screw #3 which would be the rear curb side screw. This seems counterintuitive to me since tightening this screw should elevate the curb side of the board which in my mind would lower the curb side of the coach to make the board level. This would not remedy a low curb side situation.

Has anyone here worked with these adjustments? Am I wrong or do these screws have reverse threads?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hwh_auto_level_sensor.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	178819  

oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
Commercial Member

you can turn any of the screws as needed. don't be put off by unclear instructions. the goal is to turn all the lights off. use any procedure you feel you need to accomplish that. i always try to tighten the screws as opposed to loosening them. i feel if you loosen them they can vibrate even looser. just my ecentricity i guess.
i see you are using the jumper wire for the adjustment. that insures a more accurate adjustment. please feel free to call me if needed.
thanks, paul maddox 1-602-549-3638

azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:03 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The picture is one I've kyped from another site, not mine. I've not employed any jumper.

My question was more to the effect of the passenger side screw (#3). What effect does clockwise turning do, raise or lower the passenger side?
Old 10-06-2017, 12:14 PM   #4
Commercial Member

it would lower the sensor on that side . it would tell the computer that that side was lower than it was before. if that side had a led on, it should go out. if both left and right led's are out, it is level side to side.
the screws are just common screws. just adjust it till the lights go out. if the light is on, on that side, it needs to be lowered to turn the led off. they are touchy, so a little movementbwill make a lot of difference.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
. . . it helps to prevent breaking windshields.
That's a GOOD thing!

So, that means the instructions on the site I referred to was correct and the device is engineered differently than I had understood.

Many thanks again!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
Commercial Member

great, im sorry for all the editing, but i wanted to get it right and not stray away from the original question.
thanks paul

Tags
hwh, leveling