RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #1

HWH Fuse Location

I am new to the forum (last week) and have learned much in reading pretty much non stop since. I am a new and proud (although tired) owner of a 2004 Phaeton that I am trying to recover from a flood. I have most everything working after much tracing, cleaning, etc. Down to the slideouts and the jacks last. I want to get the jacks working before attempting to move the slideouts. I have no power to the control panel or control board. I have the wiriing diagrams and there is supposed to be a 40 amp inline fuse on the power supply to the pump. I have looked high and low and quite hard trying to find this thing. it is supposed to be in the compartment with the solenoids for each jack and the pump. I called Tiffin today and they told me it should be on the wire about 12 - 18 inches from the pump. It is not there (or I am blind). Has anyone ever replaced this fuse or seen it? and if so can you tell EXACTLY where it is. I would be forever grateful.

abereznak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #2

Probably a dumb statement, but my 37g has to have the parking brake engaged in order for power to be supplied to the jacks. I am sure you all ready know that if yours is the same. Just thought if the coach is new to you, maybe you didnt know. Forgive me if this is off base and doesnt apply.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #3

i don't think there are any dumb statements. i was aware of that. i am still learning as you noted, but i appreciate any and all advice. i am pretty convinced that this elusive fuse is blown. the coach was submerged in water up to the dash. i have cleaned up most things and so far have gotten everything to work, but i have had to replace those fuses that might have been "active" when the disaster struck.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #4

HWH 40 amp fuse location

Quote:
Originally Posted by abereznak View Post
i don't think there are any dumb statements. i was aware of that. i am still learning as you noted, but i appreciate any and all advice. i am pretty convinced that this elusive fuse is blown. the coach was submerged in water up to the dash. i have cleaned up most things and so far have gotten everything to work, but i have had to replace those fuses that might have been "active" when the disaster struck.
My husband wants to know if you want the DC volts schematics for the coach. We have at 2003 Allegro Bus and have replaced most of the fuses. Get me your email address if you want them and I will have him email them to you. OK?

Debbie
40ft Allegeo Bus 40DP
ladybostons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #5

AC Colt schematics

Do you have the AC volt schematics by any chance? My husband needs those.

Debbie
2003 Allegro Bus 40DP
ladybostons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #6

i do have the dc AND ac volt schematics. i have the package from Tiffin that has all of them. it is quite good and shows all of the fuses and breakers. however it is only a schematic and not actual images of exact loctions within the coach. but it usually indicates the position of the fuse and breakers. that is what is so frustrating. it clearly shows and states that the fuse is in the compartment with the hydraulic pump, but for the life of me i cannot find it.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Submerged up to the dash?!!!

What happened and how in the world is that coach not totaled? Seems like the wall construction would be ruined submerging it in water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abereznak View Post
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #8

it was totalled by the insurance company. i bought it through an auction at an "attractive" price. the coach was sitting in a campground in st. louis 6 years ago when they had those major floods. the river overflowed and hit the campground. the coach sat under water for about 3 days and then another 2 weeks before they could get to it to tow it out. anyways, it was fresh water (i would never attempt salt water due to corrosion), i went and checked it out. all of the subfloors and walls are completely sound. the motor had about 11 gallons of water in it and the transmission about 3 gallons. i figured it might have to rebuild those, but i got lucky. i was able to drain the fluids and replace filters, etc. and it started right up. i might have problems with it done the road, we will see. i have been tracing electric issues for a bit, but all in all it has been quite a good investment. a bunch of work. I am a cabinetmaker by trade, so i will tackle the damages to them shortly. one of those "almost to retirement" projects.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I can't answer your question but I sure admire your determination. Good Luck and I would love to see pics when you finish.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #10

This may or may not help, but on my 2012 Phaeton there are 3 fuses visible around the HWH pump.

As you look at the pump motor from the end, there is a relay on each side. The relays are connected by a heavy (probably #2 or #4) wire. The 40A fuse is on a wire that is connected to the same terminal as the large wire on one of the relays. The fuse is only about 6 inches from the terminal. I missed it at first because it was tucked under the pump.

The other 2 fuses are 15A.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #11

still no luck in finding this fuse. my compartment is too small for me to crawl in to see the back side of the pump. but i cut a square of the fiberglass panel out and crawled under the coach and peered in from that back side. i see both relays and i see the 2/0 wire coming from the house batteries. i also see the jumper 2/0 wire to the other relay. i have followed all of the other leads on the relays going back to the control box and no fuse. i am totally confused on where this thing is. i tested the house battery side of the relay and i have power there, so i know the relay is hot on that side. it is quite possible the relay(s) are bad and i will try to bypass them to verify that, but i sure would like to see why the control panel has no juice.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
I would think a call to Tiffin would end your searching for the fuse and they would be able to tell you right were to look, give them a call:

service@tiffinmotorhomes.com
Or you can call, fax or just write us a letter: Tiffin Motorhomes, Inc. 105 2nd Street NW, Red Bay, AL 35582 Phone: (256) 356-8661 Fax: (256) 356-8219 For Parts & Service: (256) 356-0261

Tags
fuse, hwh