Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaRVGazer View Post
Not sure if this is applicable to your model but, check the slide out nylon strips and shims. Mine failed due to rubbery sealant overspray on the underside of slide planks (diving boards) according to Tiffin. See pic below.

Its possible that if they were dislodged the slide assy dropped from not having the bearing pad underneath when traveling down the road.

Good luck with this.

Paul
Thanks Paul, I did check for the shim issue, I'm ok
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2019, 08:11 AM   #16
Commercial Member

fat fingers often result in wrong information. along with not spell checking before posting.the correct number is 1 602 549 3538
im sure i checked it this time
sorry, paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
fat fingers often result in wrong information. along with not spell checking before posting.the correct number is 1 602 549 3538
im sure i checked it this time
sorry, paul maddox
Thanks , Hope to call you some time today.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:16 AM   #18
Commercial Member

602 549 3638 sorry about the confusion. left handed, dyslexic, and fat fingers.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:21 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
602 549 3638 sorry about the confusion. left handed, dyslexic, and fat fingers.
LOL - welcome to the club. Don't forget to add "age" to the equation.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:07 PM   #20
Commercial Member

hey?? im only 75. someone told me thats the new 56. i told him he was lying. i feel every year of my age when i get up in the morning.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:39 AM   #21

Pete, did this gap cause any "rattle" sound when driving? I have a similar gap on my drivers side right behind my head and also have a 1/2 gap at the top corner. Just trying to figure out what is causing the noise. Definitely wind related and generally only over 35 - 45 mph. Did you have success getting yours corrected?

I have a 2020 Tiffin Allegro Bus 35CP
Ray
rkelso98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 10:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
I opened the slide yesterday and here is my discovery. In the pictures note the shift of the fastener in relation to the slide plank. It appears the slide dropped down. I need to support the slide, loosen the fasteners raise the slide and retighten. I will run this by Tiffin to see if they agree.
Pete,

You will notice there are 1/2" threaded holes in vertical/perpendicular orientation to the nuts you need to loosen to adjust the slide. You will need to remove the nut, bolt and washers that make up the inbound stops and possibly other hardware on the other end to access the threaded holes. I would thread in good sturdy bolts to support and then lift the slide to level it. You can also use floor jacks and 2x4s but I like the bolt idea better and that's how I adjusted mine several months ago. If you can get bolts the exact length, you could leave them in to prevent the slide from ever dropping again but they need to clear the RV body when glided in. I put another set of bolts and nuts under the factory ones to keep it from dropping again.

Be certain to re-install the inbound slide stops exactly as they were originally.

Also, it never hurts to confirm the process with Tiffin.

Hope this helped.
Sam
Old 04-20-2023, 04:34 AM   #23

Hi Ray,

There was no rattling sound or increased air noise with my issue. Yes, I did get the slide aligned.
Disclaimer, Driving a gassed coach inherently has more noise than your Bus so the noise could have been present.
Good Luck!
Old 04-21-2023, 10:19 AM   #24
Commercial Member

602 549 3638 is the correct number
im left handed and dyslexic. major problem sometimes
Old 04-21-2023, 06:10 PM   #25

Quote:
<snip>
im left handed <snip>
Well, at least that means you're in your right mind! ;-)
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, slide