Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ice maker not working after dewinterizing

hi, does anyone know what might cause ice maker to stop getting water to ice tray after dewinterizing?

i have checked the water value for ice maker and adjusted it but still no water going into ice maker??

we have 2012 allegro open road. i called service manager at poulsbo who did the winterizing and dewinterzing but he did not know and i have appt with them buts its 3 weeks away.

just wondering if anyone else might have had this issue.

Thanks, Patti
monalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Patti,
You don't say what type of refrigerator you have. If it is a Norcold or Dometic dual mode (AC/LP) type, make sure you have 110V (Generator, Shore, or Inverter) power available. The Icemaker won't work without it. The Icemaker requires 110v power to operate so, if the refer is operating off LP, you won't get any ice unless you have the icemaker wired separately. The icemaker needs 110v to power the mold heater. The mold heater warms the ice mold slightly just before the frozen cubes are ejected. That prevents the cubes from sticking to the mold and jamming the eject motor.

If you have a residential refrigerator, none of this post is applicable to your situation!
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Good points. the refrig. we have runs on lp or electric. we have it plugged into 110 electric. i will have to go to rv to see brand name on refrig. i just remember it is made in usa. I learned some new infor. here. thanks for that.

i still don't know why we are not getting water into ice maker as it is plugged into electrical. it was working fine before we got it winterized. thank you for help.
monalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #4
Community Administrator

There is a valve to shut the water off and on. It's located in the rear and accessible at the outside access panel. They could've forgot to turn it back on.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter