Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #1

? Identify TV Cables

2004 35DA REAR TV QUESTION
In the left rear drivers side compartment is sewer and water connection PLUS a cable tv connection. Inside at rear bedroom cabinent (directly above this area) are 2 TV cables ready to connect to TV.
I assumed that one came from the the left rear drivers side compartment sewer and water connection tv connection but I hooked up a VCR to it and checked both cables. Neither got a signal.

So why 2 cables at the rear TV Cab?
anderson2624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson2624 View Post
2004 35DA REAR TV QUESTION
In the left rear drivers side compartment is sewer and water connection PLUS a cable tv connection. Inside at rear bedroom cabinent (directly above this area) are 2 TV cables ready to connect to TV.
I assumed that one came from the the left rear drivers side compartment sewer and water connection tv connection but I hooked up a VCR to it and checked both cables. Neither got a signal.

So why 2 cables at the rear TV Cab?
Do you have a switch box in the AV cabby up front with a bunch of buttons that say something like AUX, VCR, TV1, TV2, etc? The Park TV coax connection in the wet bay likely feeds to this switch box first, then back to the bedroom TV
Old 09-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #3

Yes have a switch box one on front. I was just trying to find out why I had 2 not one cable in the back TV Box.

When I ripped out the old big heavy TV I did not pay attention... some months ago and now I am trying to remember what I did

Eventually I will figure this out.

As a note to everyone.... label label label.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson2624 View Post
Yes have a switch box one on front. I was just trying to find out why I had 2 not one cable in the back TV Box.

When I ripped out the old big heavy TV I did not pay attention... some months ago and now I am trying to remember what I did

Eventually I will figure this out.

As a note to everyone.... label label label.
I'm in the habit of snapping a picture with my cell phone before I take anything apart anymore. Don't ask me why. I'm an old guy with CRS.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #5

I am an old guy who loses things so I have this label machine... I have done extensive cableing and even looking at my labels I get confused... but I have also taken some pictures and it all helps.
Thanks
Old 09-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Assuming it is like my 2005 allegro bus (since you have the a/v selector it sounds the same) One cable is the cable going to the a/v connector 2nd tv output. The other cable is the second cable for a satellite dish receiver. If you have a satellite dish it has two connections one goes to the front a/v panel for a receiver there and the other one goes back to enable you to hook up a second satellite receiver there.

Unless you have a winegard traveler the second satellite receiver is a pain to use. You have to have both satellite recivers on the same satellite to work. If the person in the front chanes channels and that channel is on another satellite the front reciver controls the antenna and you lose what you are watching in the back.

Hope that helps.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To the original poster.

Did you figure it out where they went ?
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #8

I don't know what you own but, I would expect the cable in that rear compartment to goes directly to the front of your coach, then a couple of cables go to the rear from the front. One most likely for cable and antenna use, the other for sat receiver use. Many of the motorized sat antennas are mounted towards the front of the coach. If you don't have a wiring plan I would contact the manufacture. Otherwise an ohm meter works to I.D. where the wires go.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #9

It now makes sense. I have a Satilite on the roof AND a TV antenea on the roof. I have the front system disconnected... another project... and I was hooking up the new rear TV... so now back to the front... which is where I should have stayed and not started... another project.

Thanks everyone
Old 09-18-2014, 03:39 AM   #10

My exterior cable input actually goes directly to an antenna amplifier. The amplifier has couple of inputs and an output. When amplifier is on it selects antenna input from roof. When amplifier is off it selects exterior cable intput. Since you can't run a sat antenna through that switch it must be modified. I run my exterior input directly to my sat receiver. Output of sat receiver then goes to that amplifier input. Simple mod. ( I don't have sat antenna on the roof) Second step is to insert a diplexer, not a splitter, between exterior cable input and sat receiver. The diplexer has 2 outputs. One for sat input, one for VHF/UHF input. When sat receiver is off exterior cable input will feed directly to TV. You can then use cable, sat, or TV antenna input. If the designers had ever RVd a day in their lives that how they could have set it up.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote