Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2018, 04:11 PM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Here are a few of the more interesting ones I've done (so far).

First, I built and installed three 44" deep x 32" wide storage trays on 500lb drawer glides.

Second one was plumbing enhancements. Added an accumulator to smooth out water flow. Changed out the crappy, stiff water hose and spray head for a flexible connection hose and put a multi spray head on it. It works 1000% better than the original. Didn't want to store the fresh water hose in the wet bay, so I made a hanger out of a shelf bracket and a piece of 4" PVC in the electrical bay.

Third, I installed a 0.5 micron 3M Filtrete filtration system next to the sink, which is supposed to filter out 99.99% of cysts, sediment, sand, soil, silt, rust, etc.

Fourth one is LED lighting controlled by RF controllers with three zones so far. Haven't decided what to do with the fourth zone yet.

Stay tuned, there may be more to come later.
Dan,

I love the outside lights. Are these the strips with multi colors you select from the remote? How did you manage the power for the under frame lights? Do they just stick on the frame?
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2018, 04:27 PM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2017View View Post
New RED 33AA owner to be--coach on order. Question: Can Side TV cameras be turned on for full time use as blind spot monitors?

Yes
Old 02-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #73

phaeton 36gh mod

We currently have a 36 foot class A gas motorhome and are looking to upgrade to Tiffin Phaeton. We really like our current length as there are many more campgrounds options that we can fit into

The 36 GH floor plan has everything that we like except for the king bed. Has anyone tried to modify and install a king bed in the bedroom.

Currently there are no 36GH models in Colorado for me to measure /examine.
We take 3 or 4 trips a year for about month at a time so the extra storage and carrying weight don’t matter so much to us

Thanks for any help
jonkar1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #74

Forest River Owners Club
In addition to the Navdy (heads up display, speed and gps) I replaced the double din JVC radio with a 10.1" screen radio. It is fantastic. I simply make my phone a hot spot and the new radio connects. On our last journey to Disneyworld from Naples, FL. I had the radio on the Waze app while the Navdy gave me heads up digital speed and direction. Also played radio and answered the phone. The big display makes it real easy. A major improvement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MHdash1.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	192449   Click image for larger version

Name:	MHdash2.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	192450  

bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #75

Replaced the 2" front radio speakers with these!

I replaced them with these Bose Speakers. What an incredible difference in sound quality on our last trip! I can even hear Bass now.
http://amzn.to/2oh2zke

I unscrewed the little wooden boxes Tiffin built to house those "slightly better than transistor radio speakers" hidden behind the louver panels on the front overhead cabinets. These Bose speakers fit with only a little room on each side. I had already filled a lot of that cavity with insulation a while back so i just pushed the speakers forward a inch or so then wedged them in with pieces cut from an old 1/2" thick foam camping pad. They come with mounting brackets, but would not really allow me to point the speakers straight backward like I wanted them. The foam was the perfect solution. The speakers are held tight and don't resonate at all on the wood surfaces.

-Bill

PS. I used the existing wires that come from the dash radio! The sound is terrific now. Although my DW keeps telling me to turn it down..
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #76

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
In addition to the Navdy (heads up display, speed and gps) I replaced the double din JVC radio with a 10.1" screen radio. It is fantastic. I simply make my phone a hot spot and the new radio connects. On our last journey to Disneyworld from Naples, FL. I had the radio on the Waze app while the Navdy gave me heads up digital speed and direction. Also played radio and answered the phone. The big display makes it real easy. A major improvement.
Can you provide a link to the model - you used to replace the radio ?
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:29 PM   #77

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike625 View Post
Can you provide a link to the model - you used to replace the radio ?
This is it on Amazon. Remember to click the $30.00 coupon. I inserted a micro sd with the IGO gps program which they gave the link and it works perfectly. Also inserted a 32gb card with music, pix and videos. This also works perfectly. It took a little while to customize my main screen, but once learned it is really easy. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 02-28-2018, 07:31 PM   #78

Quote:
This is it on Amazon. Remember to click the $30.00 coupon. I inserted a micro sd with the IGO gps program which they gave the link and it works perfectly. Also inserted a 32gb card with music, pix and videos. This also works perfectly. It took a little while to customize my main screen, but once learned it is really easy. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's disappointing that Navdy is out of business and our hardware will stop working very soon!
bsedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:03 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedor View Post
It's disappointing that Navdy is out of business and our hardware will stop working very soon!
I never heard of that before, but I just found it http://amzn.to/2ozZoV7 That looks really cool, can you actually see the map on your motorhome windshield during the daytime? Pretty cool concept if it works. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:20 AM   #80

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
I don't see why it will stop working. The digital speedometer and other info works off the obdII. I updated the maps just before they shut the web site down, so the maps are current. It uses google for poi spots. The only thing is we will never get any updates. I have 2 navdy's. One in my daily driver that I will be lost without and the other in the motor home. It is just a shame that it did not take off. Garmin has a product that links with Amazon echo. It looks like the echo dot and is suction cupped to the windshield. It gives digital speed, voice directions and arrows when turns are required. I watched a video review and the guy compared it to Navdy, but Navdy blew it away.

Bob
Old 03-02-2018, 06:36 AM   #81

Quote:
I don't see why it will stop working. The digital speedometer and other info works off the obdII. I updated the maps just before they shut the web site down, so the maps are current. It uses google for poi spots. The only thing is we will never get any updates. I have 2 navdy's. One in my daily driver that I will be lost without and the other in the motor home. It is just a shame that it did not take off. Garmin has a product that links with Amazon echo. It looks like the echo dot and is suction cupped to the windshield. It gives digital speed, voice directions and arrows when turns are required. I watched a video review and the guy compared it to Navdy, but Navdy blew it away.

Bob
Check out this link. It says that our units might just "quit working"!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/navdy-shutting-down/

I love mine and I'm disappointed that the company didn't make it.

Bob
bsedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #82

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Check out this link. It says that our units might just "quit working"!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/navdy-shutting-down/

I love mine and I'm disappointed that the company didn't make it.

Bob
Check out reddit. There are a lot of Navdy folks sharing ideas. What I learned that does not work is the search feature, but there is a very easy way around that. Everything that works off the obdII will continue to work....digital speed, fuel, etc. The maps are built into the Navdy however the POI worked off of google maps. That does not work now. The search feature will work for all your saved and previous places. If you add a contact to your phone and put the address in. When you do a search on Navdy just type in the contact name and click to drive to that contact. Navdy will use its built maps to get you there. I down loaded the latest maps just before they closed their doors, but even the previous maps are only about a year old. Believe it or not, we will still get notifications while driving a route like accidents etc. So, don't believe the stories that Navdy will completely stop working. Another company just came out with a very similar unit called Hudway cast. They are offering it for $199.99 and will be available April 1st. I had the original hudway which is a cradle you put your smart phone in and put the cradle up against your windshield. Couldn't see it in the day time and you lost your phone for your entire trip. That is when I went to Navdy. I feel pretty confident our Navdy's will be working for a long time.

Bob
Old 03-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #83

Alpine Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkar1954 View Post
We currently have a 36 foot class A gas motorhome and are looking to upgrade to Tiffin Phaeton. We really like our current length as there are many more campgrounds options that we can fit into

The 36 GH floor plan has everything that we like except for the king bed. Has anyone tried to modify and install a king bed in the bedroom.

Currently there are no 36GH models in Colorado for me to measure /examine.
We take 3 or 4 trips a year for about month at a time so the extra storage and carrying weight don’t matter so much to us

Thanks for any help
unfortunately the Phaeton 36 is 38' long unless you can find an older coach, you will have to look in tiffins old brochers to find what year they had it in 36', next choice would be the red 33aa as this one is 35' long
sumptercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #84

I did 2 upgrades to our Allegro Bus today.

First was a dash cam. I mounted the camera just below the tint band and ran the wire up and into the cap. This way the night and solar shades are behind the cam and can be in any position and the cam still work. I removed the front TV and tied the dash cam power wire into the rearview mirror black and red wires. The dash cam powers on when the ignition key is on and stops 10 seconds after the key is off. It's really a clean install and gives peace of mind in case of an accident.

Next up, while I had the TV off, I tied in a piece of 14ga Romex and fed it through the front cap and then down the "A" pillar into the driver foot pedal area. I mounted a duplex outlet in the plastic sidewall below the cupholder.

Next up is a TPMS power switch to the right of the engine brake switch. Lots of room in that side wall.
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin, upgrade, mods, upgrades