Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2018, 07:48 AM   #99

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This last Sunday we (by we I mean my mechanic neighbor) installed a Roadmaster RSSA Reflex Steering Stabilizer. We didn't get to test it out until last evening though. We took Ms Liberty down the seven miles of country road to reach the highway and ran up several miles before returning home. I was primarily interested in the front blowout protection and didn't expect much else since I didn't have any real complaints about the other issues folks have expressed many times about gasser coach handling. I was pleasantly surprised though that the little lane wandering I had experienced before installation has all but disappeared. Steering at low and higher speed seems more positive and effort required to turn the wheel appears unchanged. The "return to center" feature isn't as impressive as expected but it is there.

The installation was straight forward and took under an hour with the coach on the ground. Fortunately we were successful at getting the wheels straight just sighting off the plane of the front to back and our test drive didn't indicate any need to adjust out any pull to either side.

I bought the stabilizer and the brackets sold separately on Amazon for under $400. The Honey extension in the Chrome browser saved us over $40 by locating a non Prime seller that did not charge shipping or sales tax on the stabilizer.
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2018, 12:54 PM   #100

My husband and I began installing ceramic solar film on our windows to cut down on heat inside the RV. We have also begun installing Reflectix in the back of the cabinets and closet. We live in S.FL. and park "Tiffiny" on a pad by our house. It can get very hot inside the RV during the summer. We keep the air on set at 88 and it was running continuously. Just with what we have done so far, the air cycles on and off with a considerable amount of time in between. Looking forward to seeing how it does after we finish.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:22 AM   #101

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Did some minor maintenance to get the MH ready for the camping season and a trip to SoCal:
House Batteries: Topped off water, Cleaned Terminals, and painted battery compartment.
Replaced Propane/CO alarm.
Installed a rear bath metal Bronze drain fixture.
Installed screen door Cross bar.
Lubed Hydraulic jacks with T-8 Aircraft lubricant.
Lubed all window slides with 3n1 lubricant designed for sliding windows.
Dewinterized, Checked Oil levels, Tire Pressures, all the things needed to get the MH road worthy.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:49 PM   #102

Rooftop wifi antenna

Today I finished the wifi install in our Allegro Bus.

I had communicated with David Bott about his Ubiquiti wifi system and I went with some of the equipment. I went with the bullet radio, the POE injector and the small router . I mounted the bullet radio in the font cap and POE injector and small router just below the front TV. I did not use the directional antenna, I went with a 12dB omnidirectional antenna (24" long) made by L-Com.

I had the wifi system working, and then the idea hit me. I bought a Winegard Sensar antenna and modified it so I could use the crank up/crank down feature to raise and lower my wifi antenna. I did not use the Sensar part and cut the two moving masts to work for the new application.

I mounted the Sensar antenna base on the roof over power monitor/AquaHot switch cabinet area and I really like the fit. I only used one of the crank up masts to lessen the weight on the gear mechanism.

The Dicor is curing now. I'll post pics tomorrow if I can figure out how........
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:19 AM   #103

No no no to the cat 5 with baluns at each end I have had nothing but trouble with these baluns never lasting more than a year and they are expensive go to mono price.com and get the 75’ hdmi cables with the comp chip at each end I’ve been using these in my house for 3 years now they have been flawless I did run 2 and left the caps on 1 as a spare in event of a problem as it takes a lot of time and effort to run these
rightknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #104

Graphics follow the paint pattern

Had a graphic company do the design that follows the paint scheme. Very satisfied with the finished product. Can't believe how many people miss the transition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3445.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	206938   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3446.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	436.7 KB
ID:	206939  

rlhtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #105

Tiffin Owners Club
beautiful coach
alv3769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:15 PM   #106

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
Just got a new Phaeton 40AH and the drivers side window is difficult to open and close. There is a sticker which recommends Plexus as a lubricant. Amazon has this stuff for $18 for a small can. What can I use as a substitute for this that is much less expensive?
I went ahead and bought the Plexus. It works great!!! Did all windows and they are smooth and easy
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:10 PM   #107

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to JIMBO34PA Send a message via Yahoo to JIMBO34PA
tile backsplash and shower

Bought this peel and stick, no grout tile for the bathroom backsplash and shower surround . Much better than the brown wallboard. Thanks Home Depot.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180701_191152199.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	213337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180701_191229948.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	213338  

Old 08-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #108

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Added the new WeBoost 65 RV cell phone signal booster. WOW....went from one bar to full four bars with Verizon.
Upload speeds were at 5Mbs (without it) went to 21Mbs.

I already had a pole with concrete in the ground at the rear of the bus, so I zip tied the telescoping antenna mast to that instead of attaching the supplied supports to the side of the coach.

It's nice not to lose calls anymore !!
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #109

Wayfarer Sprinter

Has anyone found an after-market console that will fit nicely below the dash?
Something that could hold drinks and other items. The cup holders on the Sprinter are marginal.

Thanks
jrcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:54 PM   #110

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Wayfarer mods to date

I've made a few mods since receiving my Wayfarer 24BW. Listed below:
  • Air horn
  • USB charging ports in driver and passenger storage trays
  • Kenwood dashcam that works with nav and rear cam system
  • Bug deflector shield
  • chrome mirror covers
  • chrome door trim in front of mirrors
  • TireMinder TPMS with range extender
  • replaced bathroom trough-style faucet with real one that points down into sink
  • Automatic wardrobe cabinet lights
  • LevelMate Pro
  • AT&T MiFi
  • WeBoost 4G/LTE cell & data booster
  • Halo marine WiFi extender
  • Blink wireless security cameras
  • RF repeater system for DirecTV box in electronics closet
  • CoachProxy
  • Solar panels
  • Surge protector remote display panel
  • Winegard HD satellite antenna
  • mounted maglite at entry door
  • Second shower door towel bar
  • under cabinet paper towel holder
  • Cup holders at bed and sofa
  • Wall mirrors in main area and bedroom
  • Flap over bedroom spyder panel (to block light at night)
  • Amazon Echo
  • Weather station
  • Outdoor BBQ mounting rail
  • Replaced outside shower with collapsing hose and nozzle
  • Outside paper tower holder on inside of wet bay door
  • soap dispenser on inside of wet bay door
  • shower soap and conditioner dispensers
  • cloth holder on inside of power bay door
  • Rechargeable mini wet/dry vac charger mount in main front bay
  • Rechaging station for power drill in main front bay
  • reflective tape on slideouts

Mods to my dinghy:
  • replaced OEM crash bumper with Roadmaster tow bracket
  • universal wiring kit
  • diodes for running lights and brake lights
  • RoadMaster InvisiBrake
  • RoadMaster wireless brake monitor system

Best,
-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #111

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldSarge98 View Post
Cannot be exact here as the old L couch is at home and I'm at work (waiting for a report to run). In our 36LA we had 127" from the end of the dining credenza to the rear wall of the slide occupied by the L couch and euro recliner. Our new couch is 78 1/2" and the room left over for the recliner is much more room than the L couch left for the euro recliner. So, I have to assume that your 81" couch should fit easily into the space left by the L couch removal.

I'll try to remember to measure the L couch we still have this evening when I get home.
I ended up purchasing and installing an 80" Trifold Couch from Camping World. The L shape sofa came out just as you explained. However it was easier getting the L end piece out the driver door. The new couch was very easy to get into the coach and now when made into a bed, we can easily walk around it. I had enough room to put a 12" wide end table between the sofa and the recliner. What a difference this made. My brother took the L shape couch to replace his couch which is suffering from deteriorating leather due to defects in the material. Tiffin sent him the skins but it was an arm and a leg to get someone to install them. I guess it was a win win for both of us. Thanks again for your post. You inspired me to get it done.
Bob
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #112

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
While we have made many, if not most, of the upgrades mentioned in this thread, I thought I would report on one of the most used but least expensive upgrades we have done. The DW had bad hips (both replaced) and a bad back (six discs removed) and had great difficulty getting up the high step at the rear of our coach over the engine in front of the rear closet. When we got Brannon Hutchinson to replace our carpet and Chris Berry to replace all our florescent fixtures with LED fixtures, we also had Chris make a triangular step that matched our cabinetry. It has proved to be one of the best upgrades we have made.

Since I am the one to sleep on that side of the bed, I have grown accustomed to the easier access and wouldn't be without it now. It's design absolutely does not affect the slide operations and is adequately sized to step on without slipping.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Engine Cover Step.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	219059  

Tags
tiffin, upgrade, mods, upgrades