Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #1

Is Your Tiffin Motorhome Registered With Freightliner?

I bought a new 2014 Phaeton in October of last year from a dealer in Kentucky. When I purchased the previous 4 diesel pushers on a Freightliner chassis, the dealers evidently processed the necessary paperwork to register me with Freightliner to record the start dates for the chassis, engine, transmission, and generator warranties. A couple of days ago I was at my local Freightliner for my initial PM service. When they ran my Vin number, there was no name on it and the start date of the warranty was listed as the date the chassis was built. I had already had engine pollution work done on it at both Freightliner and Cummins. Neither told me that the warranty had began a year before I bought the coach new and that there was no name on the warranty.

I immediately called my selling dealer and was told that Tiffin normally took care of the registration after the sale. The dealer then called Tiffin and was told that they use to do it, but not any longer. The dealer then had to contact Freightliner warranty department and submit special forms to get my name on the warranty and to have the warranty begin on the sale date and not the build date as had taken place. I'm glad I got it straightened out before I had a problem and found out that the warranty had already expired. I'm sure that it could then have been straightened out, but would have been an unnecessary issue to have to deal with at a later date when warranty work was necessary.

I mention this so that newer owners might confirm that their name and proper start date has been recorded with their Freightliner warranty.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do not drive a Tiffin but I'll jump in here with a comment..... EXPAND this warning "Is your motor home registered with both body and chassis manufacturer?"

When I got this puppy I live in, brand new, The dealer crossed his heart and promised to send in all the registration papers,, House, Chassis, Micvrowave, TV, Other electronics and so on and so forth.

A short time later I'm checking with someone I met who worked for Woprkhorse about a recall letter I did nto get.. Yup, I should have, but the dealer did not keep his promise so I did not.

Well, thanks to knowing who I had to know to get the job done everything was taken care of (eventually) with a couple of E-mails. one more phone call, a visit to me from the Workhorse rep and a visit to the authorized service center (Routine, I had 'em change oil at the same time, added about 10 minutes to the visit).

But many dealers DO NOT keep that promise I'd guess.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:11 PM   #3

We were given all of the various registration cards, including Freightliner, to file in our Tiffin case that comes with all of the manuals.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #4

Our RV was registered with Tiffin. However, I found out the dealer had not submitted the paperwork to Freightliner. So, I contacted Freightliner directly and registered via e-mail. They sent me a form, I filled it out and e-mailed it back. This was approx. 5 months after we bought the motorhome.

All is right with the World now!
Jalpa_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought ours 10 months used and learned that the chassis had never been registered with Freightliner. They were great to work with and it was no problem to register it. Check yours to be sure it gets done.
Snyderwheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner, motorhome, tiffin