RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Just ordered a Tiffin Wayfarer 24BW

Went to B. Young RV in Portland, Oregon and put down my deposit on a new order from the factory. Hoping to learn my build date soon so I can visit the new Tiffin Wayfarer factory and watch them build my coach. After years of "saving up" for an Allegro Bus 37AP I decided I didn't want to wait another 5 years or so. Might as well have some fun going out and about before the grandkids get too old and no longer want to go on trips with the grandparents.
I ordered it with just about everything I wanted. I'm going to have the dealer add 2 solar panels and the satellite RV system. I'm already ordering my MiFi, weBoost, and other electronics for connectivity (trick where be where to mount things in such a small space) that I'll deal with myself after delivery.
Only disappointment on the ordering side was I was hoping to add either a HWH or Equalizer Systems Self Leveling system. Both vendors make special versions for the Sprinter Chassis that doesn't require welding or drilling the frame as they use a clamping system instead. However, the dealer talked with Tiffin and was told they don't recommend it due to the gross vehicle and individual axle weight restrictions. Oh well, I guess I cannot be as lazy during setup and breakdown as I wanted to be.
Best,
-Mark

MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2018, 10:05 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mark
I bought a TW in Oct. and was also told they don't recommend levelers, but after one trip I decided otherwise, spoke with Camping world about HWH, quote was $6600-$7200 installed [Oregon Camping World] and they would have to see the coach first and send photos to HWH. Then found Big Foot levelers, 190 lbs, ordered with RV Upgrades $2300 shipped to my door, they have several kits for the Sprinter all bolt-on, the first kit the rear jacks would not fit...so a call to Big Foot and they sent me different jacks and hose extensions...no charge! I am in the process of installing them now, have the jacks in place and will be installing pump assy. today. I have had to make a few modifications to the pump mount and location. As I am the first to install their kit on a Wayfarer it is a learning curve. A very nice kit at a reasonable price, if you have any questions feel free to contact me 503-391-6300 Carl

Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Carl & Shelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thumbs up Thanks for the 411

Very curious how this install goes, how well they work, and what it does to your Axle and OCCC weights. Thanks!
-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:55 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl & Shelly View Post
Hi Mark
I bought a TW in Oct. and was also told they don't recommend levelers, but after one trip I decided otherwise, spoke with Camping world about HWH, quote was $6600-$7200 installed [Oregon Camping World] and they would have to see the coach first and send photos to HWH. Then found Big Foot levelers, 190 lbs, ordered with RV Upgrades $2300 shipped to my door, they have several kits for the Sprinter all bolt-on, the first kit the rear jacks would not fit...so a call to Big Foot and they sent me different jacks and hose extensions...no charge! I am in the process of installing them now, have the jacks in place and will be installing pump assy. today. I have had to make a few modifications to the pump mount and location. As I am the first to install their kit on a Wayfarer it is a learning curve. A very nice kit at a reasonable price, if you have any questions feel free to contact me 503-391-6300 Carl
Carl,

Looks like Tiffin is now adding Equalizer auto-revelers as an option now. I'm curious how your Big Foot installation went and how happy you are with it. Also, how did your axle weights turn out? I'm still debating doing this myself now after a couple of trips playing with leveling blocks.

Best,
-Mark
Old 08-01-2018, 07:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin is delivering my Wayfarer back to me today [went back to factory for a noise in side wall, great service!] On my way to Oregon I plan on re-weighting, the install went great and love the way they work, and how stable the rv is now when camped! will update next week, Carl
Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Old 08-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
ordered my Wayfarer Saturday

Yes the HWH system is now a factory install! $2430 , now the 6 week wait

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMaxPayne View Post
Carl,

Looks like Tiffin is now adding Equalizer auto-revelers as an option now. I'm curious how your Big Foot installation went and how happy you are with it. Also, how did your axle weights turn out? I'm still debating doing this myself now after a couple of trips playing with leveling blocks.

Best,
-Mark
front axle: 3750 lbs
rear axle: 7550 lbs

Total weight was 11300 lbs, coach was loaded, full tank of water, empty gray and black holding tanks, full tank of fuel and two people [350 lbs]
Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Old 08-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Since the GVWR is 11,030 you are already 270 lbs overweight. Did you have the rig loaded as you will be using it - clothes, food, beer, etc?

Easiest way to lose some poundage is decrease your freshwater to 1/3 tank.

Most Sprinter chassis motorhome owners that I know are probably always a couple of hundred pounds overweight but you do need to watch it.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #9

We ordered our Wayfarer with the factory leveling jacks. It adds weight but saves the hassle of leveling. I am willing to bet 90% of the RV’s on the road are over there OCCC to some extent. I would also suspect that the stated OCCC is a conservative figure.
jrcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:46 PM   #10

just ordered a Wayfarer FW in Seattle

i''m not the DIY'r and this is my very first RV/glamping experience... Delivery first part of Sept.
the hydraulic levelers were an upgrade option and no one suggested "not" getting them due to weight or other issues... so i ordered the factory install on those..

this looks like a GREAT product!

I'm super excited!!
SeaTravLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:00 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTravLR View Post
i''m not the DIY'r and this is my very first RV/glamping experience... Delivery first part of Sept.
the hydraulic levelers were an upgrade option and no one suggested "not" getting them due to weight or other issues... so i ordered the factory install on those..

this looks like a GREAT product!

I'm super excited!!
I'm sure you'll love it. Congratulations and let us know how much you love them over leveling blocks as you get to use them. I know I'll be jealous.

Best,
-Mark

Tags
tiffin