Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
surround sound

I believe the mechanic at my dealer said he had surround sound working, but we have not made any trips since I was there. If it ever quite raining, I will check it out.
Almitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #30

I am back now that I have had the new unit for a month and all in all am very please with the RED. So far only two issues - the Dometic fridge is too loud and there are
not enough reading lights, actually only two over the sofa (not brighter enough). Zero in the bedroom.Zero
over the desk and the lounge chair. When the drivers and passenger seats are turned
to the living area, once again no reading lights. Is this an issue for anyone else? Pulley
PULLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
We have the residential fridge and noise is not an issue with it, and neither of us are readers so lights are not a problem, but I did notice there are none in the bedroom. My Breeze had one on either side of the bed, but it didn't slide out. No reason I can think of to not have lights at the head of the bed, can't even turn out the one overhead without getting out of bed to do it. Would have been nice to have another switch by the bed to control it.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Hmmm. Mine has 2 sconces just above the head board. They're bright enough to read from. Maybe there's not enough room for them in the smaller coaches?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I stand corrected. Our RED has the two sconces (didn't even know what a sconce was) above the headboard. I have not confirmed suitability for reading, but probably so.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #34

We want to downsize from our 40TD and will be dropping it off at the dealer for consignment next week. We are interested in the 34 Red and this will be the first time we will have a chance to look at and drive one. Does anyone have a good read on the fuel mileage of the 33 or 34 Reds? I had a friend with a Breeze tell me he was getting 12 to 15 MPG, but that sounds too good to be true.
tomk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
The 12-15 MPG on the Breeze IS too good to be true. The computer will tell you that, but the pump will tell you that 10.5 is the actual number. I put 11,000 miles on my Breeze and averaged 10.5 over the whole time. I rarely used the generator and consider myself a conservative driver.

I haven't put enough miles on the RED to get a calculation yet, but will be leaving on a 3 month trip the latter part of this month. Hoping for 9-10 on it.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almitchell View Post
I put 11,000 miles on my Breeze and averaged 10.5 over the whole time.
I haven't put enough miles on the RED to get a calculation yet, but will be leaving on a 3 month trip the latter part of this month. .
As someone who is considering purchasing either a Breeze or a Red I am wondering about your decision to move to a Red. I see several things that are advantages of the Red over the Breeze; Cummins engine, less frequent oil changes, larger waters capacity, double door refrigerator, possibility of a washer/dryer, interior furniture options.

What were your reasons for trading up to a Red. We hoping our next motorhome will be the "one." Thanks!
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
3 things my wife missed in our Breeze-no king bed, making sleeping with me and 2 schnauzers a little tight, not enough closet space (we had a 28'), wanted a washer/dryer which was not an option. I will add a couple more-4 slides instead of 1 made the interior a lot more roomier (in addition to the 6 extra feet length) and more horsepower which avoided so much down-shifting even on small inclines (340 vs 215) And although I didn't know it at the time, the 34' RED is a lot easier to drive than the Breeze was. My wife even noticed me driving with only one hand on the trip home after picking it up, commented that I always drove the Breeze with 2 hands on the wheel. I had not even thought about it until her comment. Extra weight also helps in windy conditions, and I think fuel mileage will be close to the same.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #38

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to DavCor
Fuel MPG

Our RED has been on the road just four times, as we purchased new just a couple months ago. That said, at 60 MPH, we get 10.4 MPG, at 55 MPH we are averaging 11 MPG. For a "new" diesel, that is very good, and I expect to do better once the engine has broken in, which should be around 5000 miles. I'm very pleased.
Hope this helps. Oh, we have the Allegro RED.
Dave
On the road in a Tiffin Allegro Red 34, with Blue Ox towing system. Reve, the cat, is Second Officer, who's duties are to lay quiet and do nothing. Donna, my bride, is the First Officer and Navigator . . . Dave drives.
DavCor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #39

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to DavCor
Oh, forgot to add, that's towing a Ford Focus.
Dave
On the road in a Tiffin Allegro Red 34, with Blue Ox towing system. Reve, the cat, is Second Officer, who's duties are to lay quiet and do nothing. Donna, my bride, is the First Officer and Navigator . . . Dave drives.
DavCor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavCor View Post
Our RED has been on the road just four times, as we purchased new just a couple months ago. That said, at 60 MPH, we get 10.4 MPG, at 55 MPH we are averaging 11 MPG. For a "new" diesel, that is very good, and I expect to do better once the engine has broken in, which should be around 5000 miles. I'm very pleased.
Hope this helps. Oh, we have the Allegro RED.
Dave
Thanks, that does help. That's about a 30% increase over the 40TD
tomk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #41

Thanks to Al and Dave for the info. Keep up the positive data and I actually may get up the nerve to place an order.
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
We ordered ours with the options we wanted so we could pick and choose. The only option we got that was not an "official" option was the passenger power foot rest like comes on the Phaeton. Our dealer orders this on every Red because the women love it, and if women love it, men have to buy it. I'll report back on fuel mileage after we get into this long multi-state road trip which starts in 2 weeks. I forgot to add that I watched 3 1/2 days of the building of our coach in Red Bay. Very interesting.