Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2017, 07:40 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Just put money down on a new to us 45LP

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the Tiffin group.
We are down in Florida for the winter, near Lazy Days and purchased a used (10k miles) Allegro Bus 45LP.
Pick it up this Wednesday and can't wait.
After feeling comfortable that I understood most things on our Forest River Berkshire, I now have to start the learning process all over again. But that's the fun of it.
I know I can come here to get most, if not all, my questions answered.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2017, 08:27 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
We are down in Florida for the winter, near Lazy Days and purchased a used (10k miles) Allegro Bus 45LP.
After feeling comfortable that I understood most things on our Forest River Berkshire, I now have to start the learning process all over again. But that's the fun of it.
Welcome to the Club. May you enjoy your "new" Bus and all good things that go with Tiffin ownership.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:17 AM   #3

Quote:
You mind sharing what year and possibly what you paid? My wife and I are planning a purchase soon. She would like to buy new of course but I like the idea of not taking the big hit on a new one and would rather buy used.

It does scare me though missing something major when buying used.

Thanks
Gaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
You mind sharing what year and possibly what you paid? My wife and I are planning a purchase soon. She would like to buy new of course but I like the idea of not taking the big hit on a new one and would rather buy used.

It does scare me though missing something major when buying used.

Thanks
It is a 2015. I'll pass on the price because I don't want to hear from some folks that will want to tell me how I did.

I will tell you it's way less than 300K.......
Old 10-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #5

I understand, thanks Ken

Safe traveling..
Gaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:57 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the Tiffin family . If you are not already aware, there is a Tiffin specific forum at TiffinRVNetwork. Any and all owners are welcomed, but it's a good place to go when you need Tiffin specific help.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Welcome to the Tiffin family . If you are not already aware, there is a Tiffin specific forum at TiffinRVNetwork. Any and all owners are welcomed, but it's a good place to go when you need Tiffin specific help.
Thanks !
Looks like you have the same year/model as mine. Any hints or things to look out for ?

Thanks again !
Old 10-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats, you will love all the room and storage, enjoy.
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:49 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks !
Looks like you have the same year/model as mine. Any hints or things to look out for ?

Thanks again !
Nothing major comes to mind right off-hand, but a couple things you do want to look out for:

- The turbo exhaust bracket has been redesigned, because the original was cracking and failing to support the turbo exhaust pipe, Tiffin will replace the bracket.
- The engine belt tensioner on the lower DS may develop cracks and fail. This has happened and people didn't even realize it, but the "ejected" tensioner can turn into a dangerous missile/road hazard.
- The TV distribution/splitter system in the rear bedroom cabinet runs very hot, and has since been replaced by a newer model that runs a great deal cooler.
- The Dometic toilet flush handle in the half-bath is not well designed and can stop working over time. Tiffin replaced ours, but when it happened to the replacement, I bypassed it and installed the typical electric switch.
- The HD360 over-the-air TV is ok when it works, but it is prone to invasion by the outdoor elements and will stop rotating. This model has been completely discontinued.
- There was a recall on the steering boxes on a range of serial numbers. Since it is a recall item, it will be fixed, but the recall urges you to not drive until the recall has been performed if your serial number is in the range (don't remember the numbers, but it wasn't an overly long range).
- The original anti-siphon valve in the half-bath for the black tank flush system was plastic and prone to failure. They have been replaced with metal valves.

I know I said nothing major, but I think all RVs come out the door with little things here and there, and given the fact that Tiffin picked up the dime on those things that have affected me (not all), I don't see it as "big". You can find comments on all these items if you search on the Tiffin RV Network. Your mileage may vary.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote