RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
mre

It all seems to make sense now. We are currently in the shopping process and have visited La Mesa in Sanford 3 times and another time at an event. I've also visited other dealers on multiple occasions. Twice I got sales person that was "new". One referred me to a senior sales person (may have been the sales manager). While I understand that they want to make a sale, they don't seem to understand the shopping process. Once they find out I'm still shopping and not buying right now, they loose interest and two actually acted like they didn't want to be bothered with me. I also found that their product knowledge was limited.

It's a shame, because they are so close to where we live. I know Lazy Days may have some issues, but at least they show interest before the sale and seem to understand the shopping process.

I'm not new to the buying process and have had two high end 5th wheels (as well as five other RVs during my working life) and the shopping/buying experience was totally different.

I would like to see positive feedback about Sanford La Mesa.

mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Might want to try stopping by RVONE in Orlando on Fairbanks. They seem to understand the buying process. I personally have purchased the last four MH's from them and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good deal. Matt whom is one of the brothers that owns the operation is IMHO very straight forward.
Having said that I would NOT recommend the service department.

Paulandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #17

As I have said before......stay away from La messa! They will sell you something and then do nothing for you afterwards! We dealt with the dealer in Ft Myers, (their service dept is horible!) but we also have heard the same issues about the Sanford location. If you end up buying a Tiffin product your best service will come from their service center in Red Bay,Al. Love that place!
dilarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
In Mesa Arizona they told me they couldn't get to me for service for a couple of wks but if I had bought from them they could take care of right away. I'll never go back. Actually sent letter to Red Bay in regards to this.
ponyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #19

I purchased my current MH, new, from La Mesa RV. Now that was 8 years ago. The dealership may have changed since I dealt with them, after all, they are still in business. That said: I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN!!! The salesman and sales staff were excellent. I purchased the unit with an upgraded frig, 4 door. Thankfully the contract was very specific regarding the upgrade. It took over six weeks for them to complete the upgrade, and then only after a letter from our attorney reached the corporate offices. When they finished the work it was to our satisfaction. Our first service was at LaMesa Riverside. Naturally, even with an appointment and with a previous FAX detailing the simple work required, parts were not on hand and had to be ordered. Naturally it took a couple of weeks to get the parts and have the work done. Guess nobody noticed that the NEW motorhome was on the lot with windows open. The winds and sands of Riverside completely coated the interior of the rig. We have never been back. I will never be back.
But again, perhaps things have changed, after all, they are still in business.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #20

A new one opened in west Phoenix. I stopped in to see their parts department. When I asked how big their parts department was going to be, he pointed to an area the size of my living room. Too bad, as they are only about 5 minutes from home.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Glad I did this search

iRV comes through again.

I've been looking on the pre-owned market for a couple months now and came across a model I liked at the La Mesa down in South Florida. However, the rig had a whole lot of cosmetic issues and there just seemed to be no "ownership" on the part of the dealership to fix anything. I declined further discussion. That was in late January.'

Flash forward to last weekend...Ft, Lauderdale RV show and sure nuff there was the rig (I had previously seen it at shows in Mid Feb and in March) with not only the original cosmetic issues, but new ones too. When I commented on them, I was told the rig was being sold "as is" by one salesman, but given assurances by another that everything would be repaired after a contract was signed.

This was no cheap rig mind you, but one that originally sold by Fleetwood for over $380 k originally back in 2008.

I have to admit, especially after reading some of the previous comments here, that I am so glad I trusted my instinct not to count on anything this dealer had to say. I may be wrong, but IMHO there approach to customer service, there presentation of a rig(s) badly in need of repair, and the inconsistent story and promises from the sales staff are all red flags of a dealer to stay away from!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #22

We test drove a unit at La Mesa in Sanford FL. Just didn't have a good "gut" feeling about the operation. Ended up buying our Allegro 36 LA from Davis Motorhomes in Memphis. Sometimes, just go with your gut.
John777Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
None of you are alone here. I live in Canada and own a 2013 phaeton, when I visited my dealer that I bought the coach from for jack/ slide issues I received service on them only to be told there was no problem. This was after I was unable to get the jacks up yet the panel indicated that it was in drive mode. When I picked the coach up I was told the charge was $75 plus shop charges of $15. Not sure why they asked for $15 dollars when nothing was done. The coach is still under the year old warranty and I was told they don't cover slides or jacks under warranty. They did empty my holding tanks and charged an outrageous $60. Every time I have taken my coach in for service I have had it returned with other problems that were not there when I took it in, such as big gashes in the woodwork. The problem is the RV industry is not regulated and they hire funkies that don't know a thing about repairs or service. As a snowbird I travel to Arizona and I hire mobile service techs there. They have been great with no problems. I also met with Bob Tiffin at the RV show in Phoenix and he was amazing. He sat with me and took notes on a myriad of things whether they were small or large issues it did not seem to matter. When I called to have work done Tiffin was great and had been told by Mr Tiffin to get the repairs done.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
We purchased our new Providence through LaMesa in Sanford January 2012. There are some very positive issues as well as negative. Positive, sales agent and finance departments were very good, not great. Price point, excellent, they have multiple locations thus large buying opportunities. Walk thru with service tech, horrible, he knew everything but could not communicate with us the consumer and his home designed and built coach was so much better?? Duh! After wintering for two months in south Fl. We had a pretty good warranty punch list so we left the coach for a month. This initial service was very good. I would rate the service at this point A. Month later leaky windshield, traveled 600 miles dropped the coach off to pick up the next day. Fortunately, it had rained, guess what still leaking windshield. They pressurized the coach, found the leak after another night at the motel the coach was ready to go. Hotel $150.00 nightly. LaMesa always does a follow up on their service by a firm that reports back to there corporate, at least in our case. We gave them a 2 rating on a scale of 1 to 10. Four months later DW chair had a power problem, called and e-mailed my " tech for life " no response even e-mailed his boss, no reply. Keep in mind the coach was under warranty. Would I buy from LaMesa again? Probably not. The issues that their service department missed or ignored were few but not professionally handled, IMO. Fleetwood on the other hand was far superior! A plus! Senior Customer Relations expert Ms. Valerie Beery is a super person and if DW and I buy another Class A it will be a Fleetwood product based on quality and FW service. Just wont be through LaMesa at Sanford.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #25

I have a friend in San Diego that bought a used MH from La Mesa RV and had a lot of problems with undelivered promises, warranty work, lack of communication. You get the idea.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #26

I am told that their is someone that is in love with LaMesa RV in Ft Myers ................. the sales staff at Camping world next door to LaMesa !
Old 05-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Lots of La Mesa bashing going on here. Allow me to put in my 2-cents worth ...

We had some warranty issues with our Itasca. La Mesa in Sanford took care of everything, accomplishing in four days what Camping World in Kissimmee could not handle in over six weeks.

I, for one, will go back to La Mesa in Sanford next time.
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #28

Camping world sucks too!

dilarson is offline   Reply With Quote