RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #29

Well nice to know they did right by someone. It was warranty work though which means no loss from their pocket book. We are in the process of getting the paint buffed out on the passenger side of our motor home which at some point had been repainted and never finished. We were promised from the very beginning from La Messa this would be done for us. After numerous excuses and visits and phone calls we had to come home to Il from Florida. They knew this and made excuses until we had to leave. We are now paying over $400.00 to have it buffed out from a body shop here at home. I'm sorry but it got to be so frustrating dealing with them asking over and over for things that were written up and promised in our deal that we just could not believe how they treated us the whole time being very polite but never completing the services promised. You DO NOT LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS!
Warranty work is a whole different animal here!

dilarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #30

New Service Manager @ La Mesa Sanford

They now have a new Service Manager. He's been there around 6 months, I think! I have a friend that works there and says there were some issues before, but there working on getting better every day! And yes I am in the industry, also.

dp21894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:21 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
When I went into LaMesa in Phoenix with my 09 Phaeton they told me I would have about a 3 week wait to get service. They said if I had purchased it from them they could get me in the next day. Needless to say I will not go back there.
ponyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:28 AM   #32

La messa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp21894 View Post
They now have a new Service Manager. He's been there around 6 months, I think! I have a friend that works there and says there were some issues before, but there working on getting better every day! And yes I am in the industry, also.

Well now they need to get new managers in the one in Ft Myers. That place is a joke.
dilarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
All LaMesa did was move the past service manager to their office in south east FL. Ft. pierce or similar location not sure of the exact location. I purchased from the Sanford location, price point was very good, service at first was average went downhill after I gave them a poor review. In fact while still under warranty the service tech and manager would not respond at all. Would not buy their or any of their locations again!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
***LOOKING FOR AN UDATE***
I received at great quote from Le Mesa RV in Sanford, FL on a 2016 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QBA (~$65K below MSRP). I've read this thread and the Sanford dealerships horrible reviews....should I run from this deal (it almost seems too good to be true).
BeerLover80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:16 PM   #35

LA Mesa sold 15 MH at the Tiffin Rally back in March of this year, so they probably aren't to bad inSanford now. Just because you buy from one dealer doesn't mean you have to go their for service. Dave
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:09 AM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro1x View Post
LA Mesa sold 15 MH at the Tiffin Rally back in March of this year, so they probably aren't to bad inSanford now. Just because you buy from one dealer doesn't mean you have to go their for service. Dave
DW and I were also at the rally in Orlando. I was sort of surprised that La Mesa sold so many coaches. The "SHOW" prices posted were nowhere near the 25% to 27% discount given buy some dealers. Of course there could have been further negotiations during the buying process I suppose.
Ringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought ours from the Davis, Ca. store and only had it in once for a warrantee repair back in '08. I was very satisfied.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #38

The location in Davis, CA is great to buy from but their service sucks!! I took my Fleetwood Excursion in for a squeak. a leak under the bathroom faucet, and crooked captain chair. This was about 3 hours of work and they kept my motorhome for 51 days. On another occasion I had to have the sub floor on my slide re-welded. Fleetwood paid for a 20 hour job and they took 44 days to complete the work. When I went to pick it up both the house and chassis batteries were dead. I will give them credit for sending a mechanic to my house to replace the batteries when they wouldn't hold a charge after they killed them.

In the year I had my Excursion I had 5 different service mangers because they all left or were fired.

My current motorhome was purchased through Happy Daze. If their PDI is any indication, I would suspect they would be just as bad. I fortunately found a 3rd party "Affordable RV" that is authorized to do warranty work. They haven't had it for more than a week no matter how big the punchlist is.
dondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
I purchased my 2011 Phaeton from LeMasa three months ago and had several items on our punch list. The fixed some of them but not all they would not connect the dish receiver and after I said I would pay they charged me $150.00 why did I have them do it? Because all the wiring in the compartment had been modified by the privious owner to move receiver to the bedroom. Well come to find out on satellite all I got was black and white in the bedroom. They walked all Thursday the coach with greasy shoes and left a mess which they sad oh we will clean it next time you come back. Well LaMesa don't hold your breath you did great on the sales end and crappy on the service end
Old 06-26-2015, 02:12 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire1 View Post
I purchased my 2011 Phaeton from LeMasa three months ago and had several items on our punch list. The fixed some of them but not all they would not connect the dish receiver and after I said I would pay they charged me $150.00 why did I have them do it? Because all the wiring in the compartment had been modified by the privious owner to move receiver to the bedroom. Well come to find out on satellite all I got was black and white in the bedroom. They walked all Thursday the coach with greasy shoes and left a mess which they sad oh we will clean it next time you come back. Well LaMesa don't hold your breath you did great on the sales end and crappy on the service end
That's how they operate. We'll never step foot on any LaMesa property again. I would pay more any day to buy from a reliable, honest dealer.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:29 AM   #41

Ditto on most of the replies on La Mesa ( the mess ) in Sanford. Sales people are $$$$ motivated and could care less about customers. They offered us 1/2 of what Lazydays offered on our trade. When I told them the figures L/D had offered they dropped me like a hot rock......stopped calling me or returning my calls. We went back to L/D and purchased there....and I suggest anyone looking for a better dealer use L/D for your purchase.
Belladog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #42

I think they opened a Location here in Bradenton, Fl. but it didn't last long.

rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote