Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilarson View Post
Well nice to know they did right by someone. It was warranty work though which means no loss from their pocket book.
Actually warranty work is a loss to them since they probably get paid $50 and hour rather than $120 an hour they normally charge a customer.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #44

I have had service work on my 2012 Allegro Bus by La Mesa in Quartzsite and Tucson. If fact Bob Tiffin sent me to Tucson to be sure the work was done right. I had an excellent service tech, Jeremy.

As I was leaving a customer stopped me and told me that I had a tire going flat. I went and talked to the Service Manager and he said that it was not their responsibility. I ask him to follow me to the service bays and there were screws everywhere on the pavement just like the one that was pulled from my tire. Again, he said there was nothing they could do. He said that they once had a magnet sweeper but it got sent to another location and there was no way he could be sure it didn't happen while I was driving it.

I was thinking about trading for a 2014 Allegro Bus at that time with La Mesa but changed my mind and ended negotiations.
Steve RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:31 AM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just be glad you got the h--- out of there with only a flat tire! Your one of the lucky ones.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thats funny about the satellite receiver ... Was going to be charged the same..150 and it can only go up from there..and if they find out my satellite is out of date I still have to pay..... Decided to do it myself.. Plugged receiver in... Waited for receiver to say acquiring signal and turned on satellite .. 5 minutes later..it's up and running...
Old 07-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #47

Great sales service at Le Mesa in Port St Lucie. It took Maintenance Dept. 6 months to fix problems under 30 day warranty. Lousy service dept.
hadley7900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:34 PM   #48

I think you can find fault in almost every service oriented industry. I have yet to deal with anyone that does a perfect job, however some are certainly better then others.

In regards to La Mesa, Sanford. I have delt with them both on the sales side, the parts, as well as the service. I have purchased and have service work done from them persoanlly. On the other side of that coin I also have a professional relationship with them on the parts side.

We purchased our last 5th wheel from them and got a great deal. Had warranty work done and was very satisfied on all accounts both sales and service with the 5th wheel.

When we went to purchase our MH we natrually started there. Complete oppisite outcome on the sales side. Pretty much brushed off and turned off. I drove 1000 miles and bought the coach elsewhere. I would still consider buying from them purely on price.

On the service side, I have mixed emtions. Being somewhat "close" to the process with parts I have establised a relationship with some of the guys in service all of which I think do a good job for what they have to work with. Its the "process" that is haywire in most cases, not necesarily the tech.

I do a lot of work myself, but I am fully aware of what my expectations are when I do need to take it in for service. After we bought our current MH I took it to the Sanford location to have them do a full PDI on the unit even though the selling dealer had already done it. I just felt I could trust them a little more based on our previous interactions.

As with many things in life and business a lot of things revolve around relationships and I think establishing one and maintaining it goes a long way.

Just my .02..
Boostable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:35 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When me and the wife first started looking for our Class A.. Our first stop was La Mesa Sanford Fl....we pulled in and started walking around ..no one came out to show us around... But we walked into three coaches that had salesman in them sleeping .. They immediately got up and said they would be right back to help us.. None of them ever returned..The last rig we walked into we found a employee on the toilet with the door open watching a football game.... We turned around walked out and headed for our car...... This type of professionalism I've come to expect from businesses here in Fl..
Old 07-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjester View Post
When me and the wife first started looking for our Class A.. Our first stop was La Mesa Sanford Fl....we pulled in and started walking around ..no one came out to show us around... But we walked into three coaches that had salesman in them sleeping .. They immediately got up and said they would be right back to help us.. None of them ever returned..The last rig we walked into we found a employee on the toilet with the door open watching a football game.... We turned around walked out and headed for our car...... This type of professionalism I've come to expect from businesses here in Fl..
Your a better man then me. If I had that experience there is no way I could of left that lot without someone getting an earfull from me!
Boostable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:52 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
LaMesa, Sanford Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjester View Post
Just WOW!! I won't but I've had terrible encounters from them on both sales and service. The worst on the sales side. That being recently. There is only one reason to buy or do business with LaMesa in Sanford FL., that's price. Make sure every I dotted t crossed etc. just my opinion but been there done that.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #52

Terrific service at ft Myers lamesa. Three times. All done on time on cost. Bought my 35b Winnebago from north trail. Useless. Company.
morris61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:46 PM   #53

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
Ordered our new 2013 Phaeton at Sanford LaMesa on 12-8-12. Gave them a list of specifications the way we wanted it. Got what I thought was a good deal. Got good financing, so we ordered the coach. That's where customer service ended. The only communication after that was what I initiated. My wife and I wanted to go to Red Bay to watch our new home be borne. E-mailed the sales dept for information, never got a reply. After waiting 11 weeks we called to check on the status of our coach. Was told that Tiffin was waiting on sofa and that it would installed on Monday. Got a call from service manager asking if anyone had informed us that our coach was there. After the walk through and paper signing I ask about installing the brake controller for my tow vehicle. Was told that they were too busy. Installed myself. If I have any coach issues I will take it to Red Bay, chassis issues will go to Freightliner. Minor issues I will take care of myself. In my opinion all they want is to make a sale, customer relations is very poor!
Bingo! this company is deficient after they hook you. I can not recommend them. It was a long process buying from them this week. The management could care less about buyers. The salesmen have zero authority. It's a shame they ruin the experience of buying a coach. I am not sure how this company is still in business and has manufactures support. Seriously, I left not trusting the safety of our drive home. Shame on them.
Bowiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:05 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bowiesmom, I too have no idea how Sanford LaMesa stays in business. Our one transaction with them was across the board horrific! Arrogant, could care less about the customer or anything! P..... Me off every time I read this thread and how they have treated another fellow RVer!
Old 12-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #55

We purchased a 2013 36' la Tiffin allegro last year and traded in our 2013 34' Leprechaun.
The typical used car salesmanship haggle was the negative aspect of our experience.
We made a repair request to be completed before we accepted deliver the next day since the vehicle came into their possession just prior to our having seen it in the lot.
All issues were completed as well as complete no cost "How to" tour was given for 4 hours and all questions answered.
We had other new issues we found within the 15 day grace period and reported them within that timeframe.
Since we live in NJ, I asked if they would honor the repairs when we returned to our Naples RV lot, and they did one better.
The manager suggested I take the RV to a NJ center and document the repairs and to have the center send bill to Ft Meyers La Masa office. DONE, completed and Linny and I are HAPPY.
PS: salesman and Manager and service tech were professional.
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:34 AM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank your guardian angels!