Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #1

LaMesa RV

Has anyone purchased or had any repairs done at LaMesa RV in FL? What is your opinion?

Thanks for any info
countrypair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #2

We have had a very good experience with LaMesa RV, Riviera Beach FL recently. Although the deal we were working on did not come through (more coach than we wanted to pay for...through no fault of theirs), they were prompt to refund our deposit and did everything they could to assist us in the process. John, David, Tony, Casey, Marti, and the young lady who did our paperwork (can't remember her name)--great people. Would recommend their operation with NO RESERVATIONS!!
juautry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Community Administrator

I've been to that one and it looks like a nice facility. We needed one here so consequently they're booked up in season. Glad to know you think highly of them.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Purchased a used ('08) Tiffin from LaMesa in Sanford, FL last November. To keep this short, I would absolutely not recommend that location. A week later the LaMesa service department in Tucson took care of many issues on that same coach (without an appointment) in a timely & professional manor & gets my recommendation.
ketelhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #5

We purchased and had warranty service at LaMesa RV in Dublin, CA. They were at that location for two years prior to our purchase of a 2012 Sunstar 26P in May, 2012.

We were completely surprised when we drove by their lot in January, 2013 and they were GONE. The lot was completely empty.

As a customer, we did not receive one word from them... no letter, no email, Nothing... that they were closing business in Dublin. Seems they should have at least given us a customer courtesy notification that they were moving out of the area!

Regarding the customer/warranty service we had done:

After signing paperwork, they could not schedule a walk through for two weeks after the purchase date as they "had shows to attend and no one available" to do the walk through with us.

The day after we picked up our MH, we noticed a missing stitch in our passenger seat. After receiving authorization from Winnebago, they agreed to replace the covering. We left the MH with them, and delay after delay, it took about five weeks to get the MH back. We discovered that while pulling the passenger seat, they destroyed the seat belt mechanism. So we had to take it back for another week to have that replaced. To add insult to injury, we later noticed a hole in the base of the seat cover! We decided, WTH, we will live with it.

To their credit, they successfully repaired a leak in the shower area that we discovered on our maiden voyage.

I realize this is not LaMesa Florida location the OP asked about, but he/she might want to ask them how long they plan to stay in their current location for any future warranty or service repairs.
LadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Fla La Mesa

Check out the thread "Update at Red Bay". I'm pretty sure those folks just bought a used MH from Ft Myers La Mesa and were 4+ unhappy. Think they go by "Dilarson"
SWFlaPhaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #7

I would not recommend the Ft Myers, LaMesa RV to anyone.
Called to see if they had any Winnebago 40U's to look at and was told yes we do. When I arrived I was told by a salesman they had none at "this" location. I said I called and asked if ft myers had them and told yes. His reply was nope have a nice day ?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #8

We did buy our Phaeton at the La Mesa in Ft Myers and would not recommend them especially their service dept. Jeff is the manager and will tell you over and over that they will fix everything and take care of you. And then when you go to pick up your motor home all you hear are excuses why they can not fix your problems. They told us our motor home did NOT have the wet bay issue and we stopped at Red Bay on the way home and it was totally rotten! Things that were not working right at time of purchase (toilette) we had to pay for because they said hey spent too much money fixing other things..(fridge). Jeff never follows thru with anything he tells you, including calling you back.. We were so frustrated and upset the whole time. It took over a month to take delivery of the coach!!! Are there any reliable rv dealers out there? If so, I would love to know who and where they are.
dilarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I always find it odd how some get great service while others do not
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #10

La Mesa Sanford

We just recently purchased from their Sanford location. Service dept., while attempting to complete our "punch" list did not. Attention to small detail items is lacking. We gave them drop dead dates on delivery and of course they weren't ready.

Give North Trail a try
ezridermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Mesa RV

Had one buying experience with La Mesa and was treated like a piece of rotton meat over a simple missing scissors jack handle that "disappeared" before we got the MH home. A real song and dance from service over a $10 to $15 dollar item. They will not get me a second time.

On the bright side of La Mesa here in the Phoenix West Valley is that they just took over a huge car dealership at I-10 and 75th ave. No service yet but it does look promising if the buildings are any indication of what is coming. The opening staff seemed friendly but who knows what level of service techs they will hire.

I guess time will tell.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
The La Mesa in Sanford has a lousy reputation.
Never used them for service but was so frustrated with the arrogent sales personal I walked out and will never return.
Paulandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #13

Ditto on everything said about Sanford Le Mesa. Bought motor home in 2010 new, their service was unreal. Fixed most items myself with help from Tiffin.
boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave44
Ordered our new 2013 Phaeton at Sanford LaMesa on 12-8-12. Gave them a list of specifications the way we wanted it. Got what I thought was a good deal. Got good financing, so we ordered the coach. That's where customer service ended. The only communication after that was what I initiated. My wife and I wanted to go to Red Bay to watch our new home be borne. E-mailed the sales dept for information, never got a reply. After waiting 11 weeks we called to check on the status of our coach. Was told that Tiffin was waiting on sofa and that it would installed on Monday. Got a call from service manager asking if anyone had informed us that our coach was there. After the walk through and paper signing I ask about installing the brake controller for my tow vehicle. Was told that they were too busy. Installed myself. If I have any coach issues I will take it to Red Bay, chassis issues will go to Freightliner. Minor issues I will take care of myself. In my opinion all they want is to make a sale, customer relations is very poor!
Dave44 is offline   Reply With Quote