RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lazydays long distance?

Hello everyone. We are looking to upgrade to a later model allegro than what we have now and I would like some feedback on dealing with Lazydays in FL. We live in upstate New York and are still working so we would be dealing with them long distance. Any advice on the best way to handle this situation (Do's and Dont's) would be a terrific help?? Thanks

sticksfess is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
mre

You might also look at La Meza RV in Sanford, Fl. I have visited both and prices are (or at least appear) comparable. They also have a nice shop. I don't know the full story, but I have heard (read) that Lazy Days days may be numbered at least in the Florida location.

mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
You might also look at La Meza RV in Sanford, Fl. I have visited both and prices are (or at least appear) comparable. They also have a nice shop. I don't know the full story, but I have heard (read) that Lazy Days days may be numbered at least in the Florida location.
I find the above statment hard to believe! Lazydays sells more RV's then anybody!
Anyway, Lazydays always treated us fare on our MH purchase 3 years ago! We love stopping by Lazydays and visiting when we are in Florida.

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We live in PA and purchased our last two motorhomes from LazyDays - nobody else could compete withe the deal we received.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We've worked with Lazydays twice, once more than 15 years ago, the second time just a couple years ago. Both times from our home in Wisconsin. We found them pleasant to work with and competitive. For the record, we bought from them once. The second time there was a small difference in price, that I suspect could have been overcome if I'd pushed it, but we decided to save the additional travel time and purchased from someone a couple days closer.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LazyDays Fl

Ron Alexander was my sales consultant at Lazydays could not ask for a better person or sales consultants. Say Mark & patty referred you
malewis49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Never bought from them, but love to stay in the campground then take the bike or golf cart riding around the lot ..... I love to look in the used ones, find alot of cool "add ons" people have done to make life easier
Old 12-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
I find the above statment hard to believe! Lazydays sells more RV's then anybody!
Anyway, Lazydays always treated us fare on our MH purchase 3 years ago! We love stopping by Lazydays and visiting when we are in Florida.

Stano
Yeah, it surprised me too!
mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We purchased both of our MH's there and have nothing but praise for them. We'll be there the whole month of January as we have been doing for years. Always had great service and was treated fairly.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #10

Since you are still working IMO you should be very careful about buying that far from home.

There has got to be some wonderful dealers closer to home.
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #11

We have purchased 3 coaches from Lazy days and you could not ask for better customer service......each and every used coach comes with a 30 day unconditional warranty, they afford you the opportunity to check everything out and get it fixed before you leave there property. On a new coach, the time spent with a coordinator that walks you thru every aspect of how everything operates is great.
Go to the Lazy Day web site and see the amount of coaches they have on hand, and you will see how big they are. Remember customer service is the key.......
corjaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #12

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgc View Post
Since you are still working IMO you should be very careful about buying that far from home.

There has got to be some wonderful dealers closer to home.
Why?

I'm only 37 and bought two from them. If the deal is right, it is a no brainer not to go there.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
HHg

LazyDays

I dealt with Lazydays on the recent purchase of my 2013 Phaeton. I enjoyed dealing with them very much. They (Mike Stewart) met the deal I wanted and made the process enjoyable. I ended up buying from a dealer who gave me the same deal but happened to be 650 miles closer to home....

Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: Mt. Olive Shores North......RV community ( winter )
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticksfess View Post
Hello everyone. We are looking to upgrade to a later model allegro than what we have now and I would like some feedback on dealing with Lazydays in FL. We live in upstate New York and are still working so we would be dealing with them long distance. Any advice on the best way to handle this situation (Do's and Dont's) would be a terrific help?? Thanks

I dealt with Lazydays long distance ( from Long Island N.Y. ) a few years ago....with our first 35' Tiffin Phaeton . I seen the coach on their web site.....gave them a C/C deposit over the phone......flew down to inspect it.....flew back home....did all the paper work thru the mail....flew back down.....and drove the coach home. We owned that coach for about 2 years. This past summer....while on the road at Lake Placid N.Y.... we decided to upgrade to a 40' Phaeton. Again we did a C/C deposit on the phone.....but this time ( we are now both retired ) we drove the coach down and traded it in. I would NOT hesitate to deal with them long distance .....IMHO they are a class act dealership.

don-deb is offline   Reply With Quote