Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #15

Just wanted to give you all an update. We got the recliner reupholstered and Tiffin reimbursed the cost. We had to do it in a darker color because we could not find material to match what was the original. Our dinette also starting getting bad. Tiffin sent us a new dinette (at no cost to us). I wouldn't buy another MH that wasn't a Tiffin.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am curious about this delamination issue. Are people talking about large areas delaminating or small spots delaminating or what? I would love to see some pictures of this problem as I have a 2014 36LA and there are two small 1/4 inch spots on the arm of the L shaped sofa. Does this constitute replacing the entire sofa or what?
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:36 PM   #17

We bought our 2014 used last year. The previous owners already had the driver and passenger seats replaced by Tiffin, so we did not see that. The dinette must have started after that. When we first saw it, the end had a few small pieces, maybe some no bigger than 1/4 inch. But by the end of the first season of our use, we had a large spot about 6" square and numerous other small spots beginning to form on the top cushion. If you send me your email address by private message I will try to attach a photo - I can't here.

The bottom line is that the problem kept getting worse very quickly once it starts. So I would say yes, contact Tiffin to get it replaced.
EVO-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:54 PM   #18

I had the delamination problem in my 2014 red, it was worst on the driver and passenger seats, I talked with Tiffin parts and at first the lady said they wouldn't do anything, she then put me on hold a very short time and came and said they would send 2 complete sets of new covers and I had them installed, they look much better and seem like a much better quality material, we are pleased with our new seats. The man at the upholstery shop said there was a bad bunch of that material used in all brands of coaches, he is in Sun City, Az so he sees lots of different units. Tiffin gave us the material we paid the labor, I'm very satisfied.
marc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:52 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
I am curious about this delamination issue. Are people talking about large areas delaminating or small spots delaminating or what? I would love to see some pictures of this problem as I have a 2014 36LA and there are two small 1/4 inch spots on the arm of the L shaped sofa. Does this constitute replacing the entire sofa or what?
Trying to upload pix, but not sure how to do it. I added an attachment. See if that works.
Bob
Attached Images

bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:27 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Trying to upload pix, but not sure how to do it. I added an attachment. See if that works.
Bob
Thanks for the pics. My sofa is nowhere near the delamination your photos show. After seeing your photos I think my great grandson may have been the cause of the small spots on my sofa. They were not there until we took him "Camping". But on the plus side he washed the rv tires. Kids do the darnest things! LOL
Old 04-07-2017, 12:25 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
The delamination went quickly. One week it was a small blip and a week later it looked like the pictures. If your little hole doesn't begin to peel, you are in good shape. I now have a 2013 36LA which we purchased a year ago. When I read the new posts on delamination on some Allegro's I thought it was as Yogi Berra once said, deja vous, all over again. I am keeping a close eye on the material, but so far all looks really good.

Bob
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:46 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
The delamination went quickly. One week it was a small blip and a week later it looked like the pictures. If your little hole doesn't begin to peel, you are in good shape. I now have a 2013 36LA which we purchased a year ago. When I read the new posts on delamination on some Allegro's I thought it was as Yogi Berra once said, deja vous, all over again. I am keeping a close eye on the material, but so far all looks really good.

Bob
The small delamination spots on the L shaped sofa have not changed in the last year which includes 4 months of full time snow birding this past winter.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #23

Ours started out like the first photo, but in a matter of days looked like the second photo. All you had to do was rub lightly it and it would peel. The dinette is the third picture. Very small area right now, but we know what it is going to turn into. Tiffin sent us the dinette, but my husband hasn't had a change to install it yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Footrest1.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	157845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Footrest2.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	157846  

Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Booth Left Bottom.jpg