Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegro1x View Post
just a thought, but you might put some plastic or wood blocks under the jacks so you that your not using so much hydraulic fluid. ck fluid before you level and see how much fluid your using. your hydraulic tank might not be full. Dave
We always have jack pads down before leveling and the hydraulic tank is full.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Thumbs up level process per Red Bay Techs

I was in Red Bay in January had some minor issues but mostly wanted to go on the tour. To make a long story longer, I had my leveling system reset since my door was sticking. After reseting the level They told me the process was
1. slides are in and push the AUTO_LEVEL
2. when leveling is completed EXTEND your SLIDES
3. after slides are fully extended PRESS AUTO-LEVEL again

you should be level front to back and side to side

ALSO the fluid tank is only FULL when jacks are UP

tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvogtiii View Post
I was in Red Bay in January had some minor issues but mostly wanted to go on the tour. To make a long story longer, I had my leveling system reset since my door was sticking. After reseting the level They told me the process was
1. slides are in and push the AUTO_LEVEL
2. when leveling is completed EXTEND your SLIDES
3. after slides are fully extended PRESS AUTO-LEVEL again

you should be level front to back and side to side

ALSO the fluid tank is only FULL when jacks are UP

We were in Red Bay in October and had the same problem with the levels. We were given these same instructions as listed above. Depending on the surface you are set up on it may take more that one time to have the coach level. I can usually tell by waking down the coach if it is level.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:12 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
According to the Tiffin service tech, it's actually OK to drive your coach a short distance (like if you have to re-position to reach a water line, etc.) with the slides out, like they do at the factory. So I wouldn't worry too much about re-leveling with them out.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #19

Thank you to everyone for your responses. I'm feeling better now about our process. Does anyone know what needs to be done to reset the leveling system. We have always parked in the same place at home without issue, but his time when we did the auto level, the front tire came off the pavement. I tried hitting auto level again and it did not right itself. We stored the jacks and tried to auto level again with the same results, front passenger side tire off pavement. We had to store the jacks again and manually level.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #20

you wouldn't worry if you see how dealerships move these units around their yards, WITH the slides out, and when parked no levelers used most of the time.
while any manufacturer is going to give you their instructions, it's rarely a deal breaker either way you do it. We've done ours either way, and it makes little difference, even driven to a different site with the slides out... just sayin'.

it's like having your first baby, you think you're somehow gonna 'break it' ... but
just thinkin' about how it was just 'delivered' takes away some of the worry : )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:30 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When we first took possession of our previously owned coach the salesman told us to put the slides out then level. The place sells Entegra, Newmar, and Jayco new RVs and our Tiffin was a trade-in. So the first two times we extended then leveled we received an error like "terrain to uneven to level" even though the pad at that dealership was visibly level. We manually leveled and all was well. Later I determined the salesman was wrong and we pulled the slides in and retracted the stabilizers then started again with the correct sequence which produced no error and a nearly perfect level.

Later I noticed a slight drop in the passenger side when using auto-level and found the calibration mechanism in one of the first couple of driver side bays. It was hanging in the upper left corner of the bay near the door and has three spring loaded adjustment screws. I believe I needed a little lift on the passenger side and the way the system works if you rotate the screw counter-clockwise it will drop that side of the board indicating the coach was low on that side so it'll compensate with added lift on that side. Be careful though, it takes very little adjustment and I'm relating this at work from memory so you must check your own equipment and manual for proper and safe adjustment.
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling