Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #1

Looking for a Tiffin dealer in Southern California

I'm actually looking for a dealer I can purchase from (honest, trustworthy) and has a great service department. Hope I'm not asking for too much.

(PS I know Tiffin dealers are in SoCal. I need a referral from someone having first hand experience.)
Leland0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2015, 11:18 AM   #2

First my honest recommendation: We purchased from the saleslady Sher Lyckman at Mike Thompson RV Santa Fe Springs. If you PM me I will gladly share her cell phone number. Sher was exceptionally knowledgeable about RVs, her products, and competing products. It took us almost a year from our initial contact until we decided what we wanted, and then a month or more until she found the coach that was right for us. Other salespeople we spoke with gave up on us when we didn't purchase what was on the lot TODAY. Every promise she made she kept. I don't give praise like this often, but if you are looking in SoCal I would at least give her a call.
That said to your second question: Service Department. I have yet to find a dealer in SoCal with a decent service department. My one experience with the Mike Thompson service department was disappointing to say the least. Years ago, dealing with LaMesa RV required the assistance of an attorney. Tiffin does not require you to use the dealer for warranty work (my understanding), and I much prefer working with a small private shop where the technicians have an interest in customer satisfaction. Again, just my opinion.
Good luck in your quest, Happy Trails, and PM me if I can be of assistance.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:14 PM   #3

When we bought our motorhome I was not concerned with service and just figured I would do most of it myself. Turns out that was a very good decision. I have never needed to service anything that I couldn't do myself and Tiffin has been great working with me.

The SoCal dealer for Tiffin simply wanted way too much for their motorhomes and I ended up going with Happy Daze RV in Livermore. Well worth the 5 hour drive as it saved us $5,000 over local. We did everything on the phone and it went smoothly.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, Honest and Trustworthy are not usually used to describe a dealer and I avoid them as much as possible.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #4

Thank you both for the responses. I can get Sher's number at MTRV. I'm wondering who a good salesperson might be at Happy Daze?
Leland0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #5

Just purchased ours on Saturday at the Fountain Valley Mike Thompson store. If you PM I can pass along the internet guy that helps us, I was impressed the contact I had along with the no pressure approach.
rodallg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #6

I will also echo the positive review of Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley, Ca.

Even though I live in Washington State and have a Tiffin dealer 10 miles from my house, Mike Thompson RV made us a fantastic deal on our 2011 Forest River Forester 3101SS in trade for a new 2014 Allegro RED 38QRA.

It was worth the 2300 mile roundtrip journey down and back.

My sales rep was Mike Weber.
Jalpa_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check with Mike Weber at Mike Thompsons in FV. He is a good guy.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dishonest and completely unreliable

Stay as far away from Paul Evert as you possibly can!
Outlaw Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, dealer, tiffin