RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile Looking to change the outside TV

I'm planning on changing the exterior TV on my 2014 36LA. The outside compartment will accept a 32" but the unit came with a (way to small) 24". The current set is 4" deep while the new set that I purchased is only 2 3/4" deep. The telescopic hold open arms will not allow for the door to close on a set any larger than the 24" if it was 4" deep. The decrease in depth allows for the larger screen.

Has anyone done this before? I will start poking around on Saturday to remove the 24" and install the 32. Is there a trick to remove the old set? I only see one screw from the outside directly below the TV. When I removed it that doesn't seem to release the set. I know I can access the back of the TV from under the sink in the kitchen area. I just thought if some one knew the trick they would share it.

I aware that I will need to modify the back plate to accommodate the new sets bolt hole pattern. I probably will also need to cut another hole to accommodate the incoming cables to the back of the new TV.

I'll let you all know how it goes! Thanks for any suggestions.....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't know if your TV bracket is the same as on our Vista but I had to remove several screws behind the top of the TV. This allowed the TV to be tilted forward a bit and then lifted up an inch or two out of a slotted metal bracket.

garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile No cigar, but thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
Don't know if your TV bracket is the same as on our Vista but I had to remove several screws behind the top of the TV. This allowed the TV to be tilted forward a bit and then lifted up an inch or two out of a slotted metal bracket.
Well it is entirely different than your Vista.

There is one screw below the TV that keeps the steel back mounting plate closed. Once released the entire TV swings up on a hinge allowing you access to the four mounting screws. The factory install of the 24" allows it to be a one person install. The 32" that I am replacing it with will not allow that backplate to swing up because the TV hits the hold open arms on the exterior door. That means that one person needs to hold the TV from the outside and adjusts up/down, right/left while a helper inserts and tightens the screws from inside the coach. Tedious but it can be done. I'll post some photos towards the end of the weekend. Thanks for your suggestion though!