Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #1

Loss of power triton v10

Can I ask why I have a problem with our 2018 gas burner V10 not wanting to power up after slowing down to exit interstate? I had the cruse control still engaged as well as the tow/hall, and it seemed as if it would die down when accelerator was pushed. I took it out of cruse control, and tow/hall and the motor came to life, is this normal?
LORIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #2

may be a one time quirk, but also maybe the brake/accelerator override. the override has to do with foot on brake and accelerator at same time. can't remember off hand the discussion on it, but if interested a internet search will probably bring it up. hope it doesn't happen again. Dave
Old 04-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to JIMBO34PA Send a message via Yahoo to JIMBO34PA
big foot

With the accelerator- brake pedal positioning, it is very easy to touch together. Brake over accelerator feature is also safety feature . To cancel a runaway or Wide open throttle condition.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Six years ago we had a 32CA and this loss of power problem came up on the discussion boards. Turns out it was caused by application of the brake and accelerator at the same time. Whether you are a left foot braker or just have big feet, you have to keep your foot on either the gas pedal or the brake, but not both.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm new to RVs but not to driving all sorts of things. The brake pedal in my new 32SA is REALLY close to the accelerator. Much closer than in my Tacoma or my wife's Honda. I initially found myself stepping past the brake until I got used to it. If you wear any sort of boots, it would be pretty easy to apply pressure to both at the same time...
Old 04-13-2018, 07:15 AM   #6

Loss of power

I just want to make sure that a THANK YOU be sent to those who responded to my problem. I wrote a thank you post yesterday, but I am not sure if I know what I am doing. Thank you folks very much for the attention given to this post, and you all are absolutely correct, THANKS.
LORIDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loss of power, power, v10