Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2017, 06:15 PM   #1

Made Mistake in Looking at aTiffin Today

While spending time in Myrtle Beach this week we spent some time looking at new motor homes. Not really looking to buy as we are happy with our Georgetown and it works just fine. That is until we happened to stop and look at a few Tiffins.
Wow, those things are nice!
The dealer only had two, one being the "Red" I think it was? We really liked the floor plan but not sure we wanted a diesel. The salesman said the Allegro 34PA? had basically the same floor plan but he didn't have any.
I would like to know if someone could tell me where a larger Tiffin dealer close to Charleston SC might have a larger selection to look at? I have read over the years of the pros of buying a Tiffin but I would also like to know some things to watch out for.
Also, DW didn't see a fireplace listed as an option in that model and wanted me to ask while I was posting.
Thanks for any information.
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2017, 06:24 PM   #2

Following
Bubbs33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #3

Good luck with the DEF and DPF systems on the New coaches. Wouldn't have one with them.
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Good luck with the DEF and DPF systems on the New coaches. Wouldn't have one with them.
I have not heard of specific issues with DEF/DPF coaches (Cummins). Do you have specific references related to the larger engines used in motorhomes?
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:03 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You will find a lot of information online at the Tiffin RV Network. The members are Tiffin owners and there are no advertisements to disturb you.

If you go to the Tiffin Motor Homes website they have all of the dealers listed so you can find one in your area.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Suggest to join the Tiffin RV Network forum if interested in Tiffin. Huge amount of tribal knowledge there.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post
I have not heard of specific issues with DEF/DPF coaches (Cummins). Do you have specific references related to the larger engines used in motorhomes?
Am new owner of a 2018 Allegro RED 37PA with 1300 miles on the odometer. The tail pipe is absolutely clean, and I think that's a credit to the SCR emission control system using DEF. Traded in a 2013 Thor diesel (which also used DEF) and had no issues and the same clean exhaust experience. The Allegro RED has a Cummins ISB 6.7 liter diesel rated at 360 HP, 800 ft/lb max torque.

Sent from my SM-T700 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

2005 Honda Pilot toad
photoguy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #8

First, DEF is a non issue. The newer engines produce more HP and get better mileage. Do the research.
If you can make the time take a jaunt down to Lazy Days in Tampa. It is one of the largest dealers in the region and they usually have a large selectin of Tiffin's. It's a good pace to compare the different models.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:54 PM   #9

Do yourself a favor and at least look at American Coach before you make a finally decision.
Nothing against Tiffin, they make a fine coach, just keep your mind open before making a final choice.
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post

And yet thousands of owners have zero problems with them and are, in fact, ecstatic about them. Go figure.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #11

Hershey RV show in September should have Tiffin represented well. There should be plenty of models to walk through. You could even walk through the competition at the same time.

That's what we did when we were ready to buy. Made our decision after Hershey, solicited prices in February and placed our order in March.

Tampa has an even bigger RV show but Im not sure when they hold that. I think it may be in the winter though.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #12

Thank you for the responses. I'll definitely check out the Tiffin owners forums.
The problem with the dealer locator is a lot of them don't seem to have a large selection on hand to look at. Looks like Lazy Days might be the largest dealer close to me but I have just begun my search.
Right now in a gasser the 34PA seem to be perfect for us but if we do decide to go diesel than we will definitely widen our search.
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj23andout View Post
Hershey RV show in September should have Tiffin represented well. There should be plenty of models to walk through. You could even walk through the competition at the same time.

That's what we did when we were ready to buy. Made our decision after Hershey, solicited prices in February and placed our order in March.

Tampa has an even bigger RV show but Im not sure when they hold that. I think it may be in the winter though.

If you go to the Hershey Show and check out the Tiffins, be very careful. The dealer who handles Tiffin at the show has a very checkered reputation, and I'm being kind. Shop around rather than being pulled in by the glitz of a Show.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
While spending time in Myrtle Beach this week we spent some time looking at new motor homes. Not really looking to buy as we are happy with our Georgetown and it works just fine. That is until we happened to stop and look at a few Tiffins.
Wow, those things are nice!
The dealer only had two, one being the "Red" I think it was? We really liked the floor plan but not sure we wanted a diesel. The salesman said the Allegro 34PA? had basically the same floor plan but he didn't have any.
I would like to know if someone could tell me where a larger Tiffin dealer close to Charleston SC might have a larger selection to look at? I have read over the years of the pros of buying a Tiffin but I would also like to know some things to watch out for.
Also, DW didn't see a fireplace listed as an option in that model and wanted me to ask while I was posting.
Thanks for any information.
I just put almost 75,000 on a Diesel that used DEF and had no trouble at all...so don't let that be a factor in your decesion
Someone said to do yourself a favor and look at an American coach...IMO,don't do it...worst choice you can make ,they look great and it ends there..No Quality control....IMO...C
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin