RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #1

Making Changes to a Used Tiffin

My wife and I are looking at buying a used Allegro 32CA. There are some upgrades we would to make to the coach we buy. We are looking for recommendations for individuals or businesses that make modifications to MHs. For example, many come with a gas oven. We had the gas oven replaced in our FW years ago with a cabinet. We would like a residential frig. Most if not all come with a gas/electric one. So who can you recommend (or who should be avoided)?

RVingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2016, 09:22 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Where are you located? Are you willing to travel to have work done? Depending on your situation and the answers to these questions will certainly help in an effort to get recommendations.
I would highly recommend RV Renovators in Mesa, Arizona as a possible option.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
Where are you located? Are you willing to travel to have work done? Depending on your situation and the answers to these questions will certainly help in an effort to get recommendations.
I would highly recommend RV Renovators in Mesa, Arizona as a possible option.
My wife and I have been RVers for years. We are shopping for a used RV. It is possible to save thousands of dollars by being willing to fly across the country to close a deal. We are currently in Arizona but we have seen deals we are interested in as far away as Florida. If we were to fly to Florida to buy an RV we probably wouldn't return directly to Arizona.
RVingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:04 AM   #4

we have a 32CA and have had good service out of it. bought it a year old with 6,400 miles on it. only thing we have done to it has been to upgrade the suspension - additional swaybar and trackbar in rear and bigger swaybar up front. may get safe-t installed. if you get residential refrg. you should probably get a couple of extra 6 volt batteries. Dave
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #5

In Red Bay Al is Brannon Hutcheson, he owns Custom RV. He used to work for Tiffin but built enough side business to open his own shop. He does great work at a reasonable price, check out the reviews on his business. He replaced the carpet in our 40' Tiffin last year with tile, we were very pleased with his work and price.

Ed
Jamie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:01 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
There is a lengthy list of people who are engaged in the business of custom work in Red Bay, Al. If you visit the tiffin RV network look on the left side for the RV tech library. Select Red Bay and Tiffin plant. Select after hours custom work contact. No need to have a log in for this feature.

Tags
tiffin