Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) Now what?

I pulled my 2018 IH coach out of storage tonight to head out and I notice the amber MIL warning light is on. From what I understand, it's related to emissions, but I'm not sure what to do.

I've gone through my entire 20 lb. black bag of manuals and can't find the PowerGlide book anywhere that would give direction on what this means. So I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do.

I've got 200 miles to drive tonight.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #2

Not sure what to tell you about tonight. Call Tiffin service tomorrow. They can step you through getting the fault code and tell you what it means.
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Here are the instructions for accessing the fault codes on the driver's information screen:

Utility Screens
1. The SETUP Menu shall be accessed by simultaneously pressing the left and right display buttons for 3 seconds. When this condition is sensed the Drivers Information Center shall briefly display the word SETUP and then display a list of menu items with the top item in the list highlighted in reverse video.
2. On each utility screen, the function of the left and right display switches shall be displayed in the LCD above each switch.
3. To exit the SETUP Menu, the operator must scroll down the list using the left display button until the EXIT SETUP menu item is highlighted and then press the right display button to SELECT the highlighted action. The LCD shall briefly display the word WAIT as the DIG resets.

Scroll down to the Active Fault Codes section:

ACTIVE FAULT CODES: Pressing the Right Display Button (SELECT) while the ACTIVE FAULT CODES menu item is highlighted shall bring up a list of any active fault codes that are currently being broadcast. The SPN and FMI shall be displayed for each active code. Pressing the Right Display Button (NEXT) shall scroll to the next active fault in the list. Pressing the Left Display Button (EXIT) shall force a return to the SETUP Menu Screen.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:06 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Not to be a total dufus, but where are the "utility screens?"
Old 11-15-2018, 01:21 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
1. The SETUP Menu shall be accessed by simultaneously pressing the left and right display buttons for 3 seconds.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks. I found the fault. It's low coolent warning. SPN 111.

I had no idea those utility screens were there under the gauges. The dealer didn't show me that when I did the new vehicle walk through.

Thanks again.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:55 PM   #7
PKI

It is fantastic what you learn by following threads about someone else's troubles. Folks who help others with these issues deserve our sincere gratitude. Thank you for sharing.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, light