Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #1

Manual Blind Issues

2016 Openroad 32SA....the passenger side dual manual blinds are having issues. The Solar shade goes down and will lock in, but when attempting to retract it goes up very slow almost to the point that I have to help it. The black out shade on that same side when pulled down will not lock into any lowered position. I have tried to spin the wheels on the sides of each but doesnt seem to make any differences...There is no name brand on them nor was there there any owners manual info....Thx
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2018, 08:45 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Tiffin parts would be happy to sell you a new blind. Since they work like regular window blinds, I suggest you take it down and have a good look at the locking mechanism - might be as simple as a piece of dirt in the ratchet.

The wheels you refer to are used to control how fast the blinds retract. Set them properly and the shade will slowly retract and store.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:22 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I had one of my shades act the same way. Day shade worked fine but the night shade would not lock in when lowered. These shades seem to be what I call a "no name" shade. They are supplied to Tiffin by a company in Golden, MS (just outside Red Bay) called Lindsey & Winchester Drapery. They also supply a lot of the interior items. The entire shade both day and night shade has to be replaced. Unlike MCD Shades, the individual shade mechanism can't be replaced. You will have to buy the entire shade. They are fairly difficult to take down without taking the entire valance down. Call Tiffin parts with your coach model and length of the shade and they can ship it to you. Wish Tiffin would use a name brand like MCD that can be repaired instead of replaced.
lakefront5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:28 AM   #4

No need to remove the valence. See my notes on replacing a blind in this thread (on our ‘15 31SA).

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/remo...ds-412480.html
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 PM   #5

appreciate the information

Tags
manual