Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Smile manuals 2000 35 Bus

Purchased an old 2000 Allegro Bus. Good shape but I need some manuals. I have nothing on the instruments and switches. As I move through the unit I will have a bunch of questions Has 3126 300 Cat with 3000 6 speed Allison.
Rkesselus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Can't help with the Tiffin paperwork , but fridge and furnace manuals will be available at their manufacturers web sites.
What chassis is your coach built on ? Freightliner ?
Here's info on the motor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3126B specs.pdf (113.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: pdf 3126B Heui Engines.pdf (168.7 KB, 55 views)
Old 09-07-2016, 12:37 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I hate to tell you but this is one thing that Tiffin really falls short on - manuals. The blue bag has all the component manuals such as fridge, ac, engine, provided by Cat, Coleman etc (all of which can be obtained online), but when it comes to a Tiffin operational manual you are wasting your time looking. The Tiffin "manual" for my 2009 is so vague and generalized that I got absolutely nothing out of it. It is maybe a little over a qtr inch of spiral bound paper, half of which talks about the very basics of owning a motorhome. The other half covers stuff that is in the wrong place, doesn't apply or is just pure waste of print. No wiring diagrams at all. Nothing specific to my coach like "your hydraulic pump is located..." Didn't mention the battery minder, where it was or what batteries it charged. Nothing useful at all, nothing!

I figured out what was what by trial and error plus talking to other owners.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:05 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Allegro manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmoses View Post
I hate to tell you but this is one thing that Tiffin really falls short on - manuals. The blue bag has all the component manuals such as fridge, ac, engine, provided by Cat, Coleman etc (all of which can be obtained online), but when it comes to a Tiffin operational manual you are wasting your time looking. The Tiffin "manual" for my 2009 is so vague and generalized that I got absolutely nothing out of it. It is maybe a little over a qtr inch of spiral bound paper, half of which talks about the very basics of owning a motorhome. The other half covers stuff that is in the wrong place, doesn't apply or is just pure waste of print. No wiring diagrams at all. Nothing specific to my coach like "your hydraulic pump is located..." Didn't mention the battery minder, where it was or what batteries it charged. Nothing useful at all, nothing!

I figured out what was what by trial and error plus talking to other owners.
not sure if I am doing this right but here goes. The original owner did a good job of collecting manuals but there are holes here and there mostly about the coach. We have been in some sort of motor home for 46 years so I am able to figure out a lot, however this is our first attempt at a diesel pusher. I guess I am lucky in that I do have a complete wiring diagram (not a schematic) for the chassis and the coach but as you say stuff is not where the diagram says it should be and it is damn difficult to trace out the wires. I also completed a 2 year Diesel Tech Course back in 1963. Lot of good that did with the difference between diesel then and now. Hope to be able to help in some ways and welcome the help from others. Thanks
Old 09-07-2016, 05:09 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Allegro manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Welcome to iRV2.

Can't help with the Tiffin paperwork , but fridge and furnace manuals will be available at their manufacturers web sites.
What chassis is your coach built on ? Freightliner ?
Here's info on the motor.
It is on a Freightliner and I have the owners manual, I have contacted Freightliner and they are mailing me some details about the chassis based on the vin. Thanks
Old 09-07-2016, 05:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkesselus View Post
It is on a Freightliner and I have the owners manual, I have contacted Freightliner and they are mailing me some details about the chassis based on the vin. Thanks
Does the info include , wiring diagrams and schematics , and an air system diagram ?
Did they mention joining " Access Freightliner" ? So you can go in and get your own info?
I took multiple courses on Cummins diesels , in 14 years at a Dodge dealership , 4 different fuel systems , then I bought a coach with a Caterpillar , and had to go back to school.