RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Monaco - Opinions from Tiffin Owners

I've also posted a message on the Monaco forum seeking thoughts from Monaco owners. In the past several years, the Monaco Knight has always impressed me. It seemed well made, I liked the asthetics, the interior was great, and I've read decent reviews about the Maxxforce and chassis. It seemed like a decent value.

Since then - sale from Navistar, etc etc.

Now I'm a bit closer and more serious and purchasing. I still like the Knight but now wonder about the wisdom of purchasing one. I still like the Knight and there are still new ones out there with decent discounts.

Is it a mistake in a bigger picture to consider?

Would it better to go with Tiffin or similar well respected manufacturer?

We don't have a sky high budget. Value and bang for the buck matters. I think max budget is $150- $170k

Thank you.

Desertboyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #2

Monaco - Opinions from Tiffin Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
I've also posted a message on the Monaco forum seeking thoughts from Monaco owners. In the past several years, the Monaco Knight has always impressed me. It seemed well made, I liked the asthetics, the interior was great, and I've read decent reviews about the Maxxforce and chassis. It seemed like a decent value.

Since then - sale from Navistar, etc etc.

Now I'm a bit closer and more serious and purchasing. I still like the Knight but now wonder about the wisdom of purchasing one. I still like the Knight and there are still new ones out there with decent discounts.

Is it a mistake in a bigger picture to consider?

Would it better to go with Tiffin or similar well respected manufacturer?

We don't have a sky high budget. Value and bang for the buck matters. I think max budget is $150- $170k

Thank you.

The Knight is a nice coach and the owners with the Navistar version seem happy. The Navistar coaches are still supported by ASV Monaco.

That being said, given your budget and your bang for the buck statement, I would be looking at some Monaco Dynasty coaches in the '05-'07 range. Wonderful, high quality, well build coaches and great bang for the buck.

I full time in a 12 year old Monaco.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #3

We have been looking at Monaco, Tiffin, Country Coach and Newmar in the same price range. Ended up going with a 2008 Tiffin AB. We were moving up from a 2014 LTV Unity 24MB and the reason we went used was bang for the buck. You get more for your money going used. There are some good deals out there on some truly super units. One contributing factor in going with Tiffin is their reputation in support even for units that are out of warranty. Also a fan of the Cummins ISL.
rtdavew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:35 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If I had $150,000 to $170,000 to spend, and I was concerned about the biggest bang for the buck, I would be focusing on mid to upper 2000s Monaco Dynasty, Executive, Signature, Holiday Rambler Navigator, tag axle versions of County Coach Allure, Intrigue, Magna, and the tag axle models of Foretravel coaches.

These are all extremely high end coaches, semi-monocoque steel frame chassis coaches on proprietary chassis.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you for your opinions. Am thinking used is the way we should go. Really we'd be crazy not to do as suggested. A high-end coach with low miles and one that has been appreciated makes so much sense. Especially for newbies. Learning quickly, and have learned enough to know - RV's are not an "investment". We stopped by today and looked at a 2009 Monaco Dynasty. It was 38'. It was pretty darn nice. Clean, it didn't feel dated, and it seems like it'd be easy enough to change out a backsplash or whatnot to freshen it up if one wanted to.

As much as we love looking at beautiful new rigs, we will focus on a nice, high quality newer motorhome.

That's todays update anyways! It's confusing. But I think it would feel very good to buy wisely and know we could trade it in if we didn't like it and not lose our skin or keep it and be comfortable.

Thx guys for your thoughts.
Desertboyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
It does seem we go through cycles of options, and then narrowing down to a few brands after the decision of old or used is hashed out. You are getting through it all! Take your time, then the path gets narrower and easier to decide. Size was the deciding factor for us. We wanted smaller, narrowing it down fast.

When you just can't decide, pick two, then drive them again. It helps.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:59 AM   #7

We currently own a 2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus which is our fifth motorhome and ALL have been purchased used. We have always felt we got a much better price as the original owner took the initial depreciation hit and usually worked out all the build bugs.
We also purchased 4 of those private sale from the original owners that had well cared for highly maintained coaches WITH service records which usually dealers don't provide.
Our suggestion would be to look on RV INTERNET SITES such as RVTRADER, RVONLINE or go to The Tiffin Owners Network ( TRVN ) and look in the classifieds. On TRVN there are many well cared for Tiffins IF you decide on that brand.

Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, tiffin