Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Mud flaps for Allegro Bay

I have a 2006 Allegro Bay. I am going to be pulling my Jeep this year for the first time.
I assume that I need a need a rock guard. I do not want to do any drilling on my fiberglass if possible. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks, Leo
Engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
KJB

There are different opinions about rock guards and whether they do more harm than good. I have a Protect-A-Tow like in the link below. I think it is great. I recently traded in my 2008 Saturn Vue with 13,000 miles being towed and it did not have one rock chip. It also helps keep the rear of the RV and the tow bar clean. It does require drilling 2 holes in the RV and two in the towed to install the eyelets but it was a very simple install for me.
Protect-a-Tow
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJB View Post
There are different opinions about rock guards and whether they do more harm than good. I have a Protect-A-Tow like in the link below. I think it is great. I recently traded in my 2008 Saturn Vue with 13,000 miles being towed and it did not have one rock chip. It also helps keep the rear of the RV and the tow bar clean. It does require drilling 2 holes in the RV and two in the towed to install the eyelets but it was a very simple install for me.
Protect-a-Tow
Mine required 4 holes in the RV fiberglass and two on the Jeep.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
For my coach side eyelets....I zip-tied an one inch square aluminum bar horizontally with (4) eyelet bolts spaced as needed. When I sell her, all comes off, leaving no holes.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #5

Take a look at the DuraFlap.com site. They sell mud flaps for the back of your coach. They hang from the frame, not the back of your coach. Most motor homes have holes already in the frame to hang the mud flap from. Sometimes the holes need to be drilled.
Take a look at the install directions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	american dream small file.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	56666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Allegro at Gillette (2).jpg
Views:	595
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	56667  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf motorhome mud flap instructions.pdf (118.3 KB, 132 views)
DuraFlap Mud Flaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:32 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought the mud flap from Tiffin. Their price was competitive and I liked the Allegro Bay name on it. Attaching was no problem since the holes in the frame lined up perfectly.
And I see you are at from Orange beach. Love that area, in fact we just purchased a site at Bella Terra RV Resort. Can't wait to spend more time there.
Paulandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:19 AM   #7
KJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full.Monte View Post
Mine required 4 holes in the RV fiberglass and two on the Jeep.
You are correct and I stand corrected. Mine too required 4 holes in the coach.
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:29 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engle View Post
I have a 2006 Allegro Bay. I am going to be pulling my Jeep this year for the first time.
I assume that I need a need a rock guard. I do not want to do any drilling on my fiberglass if possible. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks, Leo
Hi Leo, As you can see in my photo, there was a full width rear flap that went down to approximately 8" above the ground, my engine compartment was always really dirty, bad! I read and studied up on this subject and found my long rear flap was the cause of this condition, so I cut it down(12" now) and my engine compartment dirt and dust problem was all but gone! Wonderful......and as you can see, a couple of years later when trying to find something to protect the front of my Jeep, the Protect-A Tow goes right under the rear flap and attaches to 2 eye bolts on each side and then to the front of the Jeep, sealed off really well, works great, and the back of the Coach sure stays a lot cleaner!