RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #1

My New Tiffin Breeze - Mike Mas

Hello Forum Members - just came back from Florida to pick up our new Tiffin breeze, I have a lot of information to share on this new coach which I'll be posting on this thread should someone be thinking about one of these . Here's a few images I shot to include a shot by our Sportchassis which nearly as long for size comparison.

Thanks - Mike

Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #2

With regard to the Maxxforce engine, it really surprised me, off the line the engine is as perky if not more perky than my 6.7 Cummins was in a 36 ft Journey. Also, no problem passing and jumping on expressways, by the time you hit the end of the acceleration ramp you're doing 60-65. Where you have to watch it is unlike say a 8.3 Cummins where you can just drive and not really worry about hills, with the Maxxforce when you see a hill coming up you'll what to hit the bottom with a good head of speed to top it at 55+. Actually, the Maxxforce has good torque because it's really a 300 Hp 660 ft pound engine that is turned down to 220 hp at 560 ft lbs, so it's loafing at the de-rated settings.

With regard to mileage, unlike some of the rumors you'll hear, I don't think you'll see 15 mpg, I checked it three times and averaged from 10.5 to 11.6, I was driving the coach at 55-62 mph during a break-in ride back home with almost 1000 miles total. It might get better as time goes on but I think 12 is going to be my target.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.. Great looking rig...Post some pics of the inside...Peace and Safe Travels...D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #4

It's definitely like a sports car size motor home. The overall length is around 30 ft (29.7) with the mirrors and ladder - if you remove the ladder and fold the mirror she's a just about 28 feet. This makes it nice for the guy with a 12 ft garage door with 30 ft depth. The height is published at 11.2".

Also keep in mind this is "Not" a wide body coach, she measures exactly 8 feet so it's a little bit nicer on narrow roads or when sandwiched between two semis.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #5

Idelup....great looking coach! Good luck! Keep us posted on how you like it.
I have one ordered now but will not get it till the mid July..but love to hear about others experiences.
Safe travels! Sue
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #6

One thing about the Breeze is because of its small size, there is limited storage as well. I've already made three changes to my compartments. First and most important, the passenger side compartment was partially blocked with the vacuum system so I engineered a way to move the unit towards the top of the compartment which was blocked by the frame. This really opened the area so that large items could pass though to the other side. I installed topper tape to the bottom of the unit to isolate it from the steel wall and screwed it to the top using the mounting tabs. The existing intake hose and wiring easily accommodated the move.

Next, The extension ladder was clogging up and taking valuable space so I found a place behind the radiator where I'll make a few support brackets therefore freeing up the space in the belly.

Finally, Tiffin put a cover over the black and grey tank area which I removed, did a little re-routing of the wires and believe it or not there is a couple of good size spaces to store some smaller items.

Here's a few images to show how the work was accomplished.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #7

Send your ideas to Tiffin

Send your ideas and pics. to Tiffin. Maybe they will incorporate some of them and make a better use of the limited space.

It's nice to see that it is not a widebody.

Can you post pics of the interior? Also the main thing I hear about this coach is no real closet or wardrobe. How are you utilizing the interior storage?

Thanks,
Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #8

Michelle,

Thanks for the reply - I'll get some interior images up soon - for it's size there's plenty of storage on the interior however almost no hanging closets - there is two small closets over the nightstands however even they are difficult to get into thanks to some unnecessary window treatment which hangs out some 6" making it difficult to open the doors, load the closets, and most important to walk around the bed. Seems like the treatment was designed for a wide body however with the 96" width the window treatment is a real problem.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #9

Thanks for that insight....you have some good ideas...I wonder if those window treatments are able to be removed and somehow smaller more shallow ones be put on instead. Will have to think about that.
Was also wondering if your parking lights are working..have read a few posts where they have not been.
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #10

What do you think of the u-shaped dinette?

When I first saw the floor plan I loved it until I realized that the really big u-shaped dinette probably was taking up space that could have held a wardrobe if you moved the refrigerator forward and put in a more normal sized dinette. Having lived with it what are your thoughts? Is there some great benefit to having the dinette that shape and size that I haven't realized yet?

How functional is the floor plan when the slider is in?

I had tried to see a Breeze at our local RV show in Denver as they had advertised one would be there but when we got there apparently someone had bought it before the show so we didn't get to see it.

Sounds like they made a poor trade off in giving up about a foot of space in the bedroom to the window treatments. But I'm sure you will find a great work around.

Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #11

Here's a few Interior shots of the Breeze (some generic)

Enjoy Mike

Our Seat!!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #12

With regard to the interior, I really like the look and placement, there's plenty of room with the slide in or out and it does not feel cramped or tight in any way.

The few changes I would make is to put even a thin closet in by the bathroom / bedroom - they could steal a foot from the large kitchen counter and never miss it. Also, I would take a 6-8" off the width of the counter so when the slide is in, there is more room to walk aft. Also, with that large amount of counter space there is no need for a hidden faucet / sink assembly there is tons of counter space. I heard from Tiffin the 2012 model will have a new sink.
There was a major problem with the "round" shower door however since ours was built a few weeks ago, we have the new straight shower door in ours.

The window treatment is a major set-back - aside from blocking the bedroom / closet access, it's even a problem in the big dinette because they infringe on the seating area. Also when someone orders the extra TV by the dash, they should "86" the one over the dinette because it is no longer needed and it also hangs over the dinette.

All in all, I'm still happy with the coach - no coach rolls off the assembly line perfect and the Breeze is no exception. I can say they are addressing the problems.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #13

Since the Breeze has a short wheelbase, how does it handle in high winds and being passed by 18 wheelers?
rossbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossbev View Post
Since the Breeze has a short wheelbase, how does it handle in high winds and being passed by 18 wheelers?
It's not bad at all - remember this coach for it's size is pretty heavy for 28 ft. (22-23K) In addition, the coach is low (11.2") so it has a lower CG than most 12-13 ft high coaches which are more top heavy.

Thanks - Mike

Tags
tiffin