Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #15

They call it a 46" measured diagonal. The actual measurements are 41 1/2" wide and 24" tall. The TV has a picture right out to within 1/2" of the edge. There is still about 1 1/4" of the original factory wood and 1/2" top and bottom. Did not have to modify the original box or the cabinet doors. Looks great. Steve
steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved44 View Post
They call it a 46" measured diagonal. The actual measurements are 41 1/2" wide and 24" tall. The TV has a picture right out to within 1/2" of the edge. There is still about 1 1/4" of the original factory wood and 1/2" top and bottom. Did not have to modify the original box or the cabinet doors. Looks great. Steve
ok
i was measuring mine and the factory wood trim is only 35 inches wide so would have to add wood to make it look factory and at 41.5 inches neither cabinet door would open without wood trim never mind add the 2inch wide wood trim
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrepairnut View Post
Iam sure SRH and others can install a front Tv in place of another without driving all the way to alabama.
He ask for a recommendation on installing a tv, I gave him one, you did not. Richard
richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn View Post
He ask for a recommendation on installing a tv, I gave him one, you did not. Richard

If you were to read posts you would have read where I gave him a excellant idea which he was going to try when the weather got better.He never asked where he could get it done and Iam sure he certainly did not want to drive from Mich to alabama to have a simple Tv replacement

His Original post:
I would like to hear as to what kind of mount did you use and any other helpful pointers?
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #19
srh

Newmar Owners Club
I posed the same question to Tiffin MH and here is what they wrote:
"
THERE ARE DIFFERENT METHODS OF ACCOMPLISHING THIS. YOU CAN REMOVED THE TRIM RING AND ADD AN INTERNAL PLYWOOD MOUNT CLOSE TO THE FRT TO ADD A TV MOUNTING BRACKET TO AND HANG THE TV ON IT. YOU COULD ALSO MOUNT A TOP HINGED DOOR TO THE FRT OF THE CABIENT AND MOUNT THE TV ON THE DOOR AND RAISE THE DOOR TO ACCESS EVERYTHING FROM BEHIND.

DON"

Interesting!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you go to the QT's 1 & 2 plus the new #3 there are at least seven LCD installs with the mounts and other conversions.
The links are in my signature.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote