Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don, A great reference in your post- thanks for the link.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2018, 03:04 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I installed six interstate batteries in our Tiffin Phaeton via Costco a year ago. About $82 each iirc. Working great. We dry camp often.

If you prefer Sams they have a Duracell battery for about the same price as the interstate at Costco..
What is the model number of the interstate battery?
boggsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:55 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have done a lot of research concerning 6V batteries. Trojan and Interstate always come out as the best rated brands. When I need batteries I will go with Interstates from Costco.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:48 PM   #18

1. Trojan
2. Interstate
3. Everything else

I buy batteries for a fleet of industrial vehicles, Duracell 6-8-12 volt batteries are crap.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just a thought, after 16 years of giving Flooded Cell Batteries tender loving care every 30 days I got tired! Bought 4x6v AGMs. I open the battery compartment every so often just to dust them off, they don't need it but I feel I have to do something a bit pricey, but what isn't?
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsak View Post
We need to replace these batteries. Any recommendations? I checked with battery plus and they recommended Duracell Ultra. We appreciate any suggestions.

Attachment 192983
I see we have the same coach / same year.

It looks like you already have the batteries out (2 or 4?). How?

I have read it can be a real pita to do so in the later model Tiffin gassers with the batteries under the steps (at least if you have 4 batteries as I do).

Also, why replace so soon????

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:43 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
I see we have the same coach / same year.

It looks like you already have the batteries out (2 or 4?). How?

I have read it can be a real pita to do so in the later model Tiffin gassers with the batteries under the steps (at least if you have 4 batteries as I do).

Also, why replace so soon????

Regards
Last year, we were having intermittent problems with our large slide not retracting. It was very frustrating. I read that the batteries may need to be replaced. This will be our 4th year using our coach. We are hoping this will take care of the issue.
boggsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #22

Location: Bessemer City, NC AKALake Havasu City, AZaka Laughlin, Nv / aka Fairhope, Al / aka Roseville, Ca
I recently bought used fleetwood. I have 6 6 volt US 2200 XC2 batteries. Dont seem to be holding charge. Do i have to replace all batteries at once or can i replace 2 at a time?
Onthehunt49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthehunt49 View Post
I recently bought used fleetwood. I have 6 6 volt US 2200 XC2 batteries. Dont seem to be holding charge. Do i have to replace all batteries at once or can i replace 2 at a time?
Unless any of them are less then 1 years old and well cared for, you should be replacing all of the batteries at one time.

If you mostly use campground power and don't boondock, you can just replace 4 and leave the other 2 out of the system.

You may even get a way with only 2, 6 volt batteries. The only time that you need more is when not driving or plugged in. While driving the alternator will keep them charged and at the campground the power post will run the onboard charger will.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
For anyone looking for FLA house battys I'd suggest reading this article before choosing.
It's boating related but needs are very similar to RVing.
This guy is a PRO not some internet hack.

https://marinehowto.com/what-is-a-deep-cycle-battery/
EXCELLENT article! It's nice to have confirmation that Dyno batteries manufactured in Seattle, WA are as good as all of us boaters felt they were. More lead = a better battery. A fantastic family business concerned about customer service and manufacturing a quality product(s).
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:40 PM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You state that the battery is not holding a charge. What is the max voltage it will show on a multimeter after waiting at least 10 minutes after the last charging operation? If its less than 12.6 its not fully charged. If the voltage drops after a few hours with no cables attached you've got a damaged battery. You can also perform a cell test to determine if one or more cells is bad. This is a good like for such a test.

The problem in mixing old and new batteries is that if one of the old batteries is not up to specs then it will draw down the new batteries and in short order all of them will be bad. Twinboat is exactly correct above. You can add a new battery(s) to older ones if the old batteries are generally less one year old and have been well cared for. In your case it sounds like a bad idea not to replace them at the same time. Buy either 2, 4 or 6 and use only the new ones.

Good luck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:12 PM   #26

Location: Bessemer City, NC AKALake Havasu City, AZaka Laughlin, Nv / aka Fairhope, Al / aka Roseville, Ca
does anyone know who makes Centennial 6 volt deep cycle batteries ?
Onthehunt49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #27

We did our homework and went with 4 Crown CR-265's. Gave us 512 AH to dry camp with. And they are true Deep Cycle. Manufacturer says you can take them to 80% discharged and still get 750 cycles from them.
We had the duracell, they barely held a charge after 18 months. -Bill

PS. They were $131 each from a dealer in El Cajon CA (just outside of San Diego)
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, batteries, replace